• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 24: WF @ FSU -- Saturday Noon - Bally Sports

When 2 of missing are the top 2 rebounders and top 2 of 4 scorers we should win easily and would have been bad loss.

As the Coach said. Point well made, take our top 2 rebounders and 2/4 scorers and we go back to 6-16. I’ll take this new version.

Really glad that we won the game... Important win. But it was also a weird one for many reasons, so I'm not 100% sure what to take from it.

We swept FSU this season. We beat FSU on their court for the first time in forever. And they rarely lose at home. They also beat Miami (2x) and Duke this year.

But the roster today was a shell of what it normally is.

But they were a hungry team that still has Hamilton as a coach, and therefore plays a pressuring defense that has given us issues this season.

But they were a terrible offense with no real scoring threats aside from Mills, who has been disappointing this year.

But we played very good defense for 40 minutes and didn't let shitty offense take away from the defensive effort.

But we turned the ball over a shit-ton... An alarming number of which were completely unforced and flat out dumb.

But we hit some big shots down the stretch and never gave up the lead.

But it never should have been that close to begin with.

I could go back and forth some more, but I think the point has been made. Bottom line: Good win, but also one that would have been bad loss given FSU's current issues.

And give Sy a break... As Strickland33 posted, he wasn't healthy and gave it a go anyway. He's been HUGE for us this year as a 6th man. Also liked that Mucius had a strong finish after a mostly mediocre game. That dude exemplifies the Forbes "next play mentality."

One final thought... You have to give Hamilton credit. The dude has a system and he's going to play his way no matter what. He's rolling 10 deep, even if some of those 10 players are well below average ACC players. And they all played hard... FSU just isn't good enough to compete in the ACC right now with what they are putting on the floor.

^ can’t ever apologize for winning an ACC game on the road no matter where it is or the circumstances. Yeah it was fugly - no one will remember that come March. Win and move on…

Forbes made the point in his post game presser that Sy is very good in the PNR. Does a great job of making things difficult on opposing guards. It would be great if he was a little stronger on the glass and more refined offensively, but playing defense is his most important job and he does it well.

Really glad that we won the game... Important win. But it was also a weird one for many reasons, so I'm not 100% sure what to take from it.

We swept FSU this season. We beat FSU on their court for the first time in forever. And they rarely lose at home. They also beat Miami (2x) and Duke this year.

But the roster today was a shell of what it normally is.

But they were a hungry team that still has Hamilton as a coach, and therefore plays a pressuring defense that has given us issues this season.

But they were a terrible offense with no real scoring threats aside from Mills, who has been disappointing this year.

But we played very good defense for 40 minutes and didn't let shitty offense take away from the defensive effort.

But we turned the ball over a shit-ton... An alarming number of which were completely unforced and flat out dumb.

But we hit some big shots down the stretch and never gave up the lead.

But it never should have been that close to begin with.

I could go back and forth some more, but I think the point has been made. Bottom line: Good win, but also one that would have been bad loss given FSU's current issues.

And give Sy a break... As Strickland33 posted, he wasn't healthy and gave it a go anyway. He's been HUGE for us this year as a 6th man. Also liked that Mucius had a strong finish after a mostly mediocre game. That dude exemplifies the Forbes "next play mentality."

One final thought... You have to give Hamilton credit. The dude has a system and he's going to play his way no matter what. He's rolling 10 deep, even if some of those 10 players are well below average ACC players. And they all played hard... FSU just isn't good enough to compete in the ACC right now with what they are putting on the floor.

You like big Buts and you cannot lie

Back