• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 24: WF @ FSU -- Saturday Noon - Bally Sports

I love that Coach takes responsibility for problems, too, and doesn’t throw his players under the bus. I could never stomach Mannings pc’s because he never protected his players. Forbes found good things to say about the players outside of 24 to’s.

Jerry Palm thinks you’re crazy.
Def trending towards the dance. A couple bad losses could muddy the picture. Only one real chance in the reg season to move the national needle.

Crazy talk, we are 19-5, 9-4 in conference, and top 50 NET, if the season ended today we are absolutely a tournament lock, Jerry Palm is an idiot.

At this point it’s reasonable to anticipate we’ll be in…of course it’s not a certainty, we’ve got to keep playing well and winning more than losing probably. Or maybe at least as much as.

Hopefully we go beyond getting in and win at least a couple of tournament games.

FSU shoots 33% from the field, 21% from three and 67% from the line. They commit 16 turnovers and are outrebounded 46-37. That is called good defense and good defense can win games on the road even when the offensive execution is lousy. It did for the Deacons today.

Jake and Alondes produced the points, rebounds and assists needed to win. They also committed 13 of the 26 turnovers by the Deacs. Every Deacon who played committed a turnover. It was ugly but GGTT is often ugly.

Embrace the defense played by the Demon Deacons. It is a primary reason this team is 19-5.

I get that we are playing decent defense when the other team has the ball, but the offensive rebounds we give up and all the turnovers mean that it doesn't really show up in the stats. Still not a Top 50 defensive team in Kenpom despite playing some of the best defense I can remember a Wake team playing in a long time.

FSU shoots 33% from the field, 21% from three and 67% from the line. They commit 16 turnovers and are outrebounded 46-37. That is called good defense and good defense can win games on the road even when the offensive execution is lousy. It did for the Deacons today.

Jake and Alondes produced the points, rebounds and assists needed to win. They also committed 13 of the 26 turnovers by the Deacs. Every Deacon who played committed a turnover. It was ugly but GGTT is often ugly.

Embrace the defense played by the Demon Deacons. It is a primary reason this team is 19-5.
Well said

They played much better in the second half and we still managed to hold on and win. That’s what impresses me. We didn’t fold.

Not sure if folks saw my post earlier, but Forbes said that Sy was injured today and was considering sitting out.

Literally every player on both teams had at least one turnover in the game except for two players. FSU's 3rd string center who played a minute. and the FSU walk on double double guy played 26 minutes no TOs. LOL.

I don't want to make a bigger deal of this than it is, but is a hobbled Sy really a better option than a healthy Marsh/Walton combo?

Why not let Sy get fit and get Marsh minutes in these games. We will need him again in a big game, whether down the stretch here or in the ACCT/NCAAT.

We should be able to play good defense against second teamers.

Or was that a fallacy and they had all their dudes?

I have not watched FSU play all year so I honestly don't know.

I don't want to make a bigger deal of this than it is, but is a hobbled Sy really a better option than a healthy Marsh/Walton combo?

Why not let Sy get fit and get Marsh minutes in these games. We will need him again in a big game, whether down the stretch here or in the ACCT/NCAAT.

Agreed about Marsh

I would not mind seeing a little Marsh here and there but I do like Sy. He is very active albeit a bit inconsistent. He can shoot a 3 and good on defense. I trust the coach on this as I do on all personnel decisions.

I would not mind seeing a little Marsh here and there but I do like Sy. He is very active albeit a bit inconsistent. He can shoot a 3 and good on defense. I trust the coach on this as I do on all personnel decisions.

I'm not sure Walton and Marsh could play together, so you're really looking at a Sy at the 4 and Marsh at the 5 lineup or Marsh at the 5 with Jake or Mucius at the 4.

I'm not sure Walton and Marsh could play together, so you're really looking at a Sy at the 4 and Marsh at the 5 lineup or Marsh at the 5 with Jake or Mucius at the 4.

Agree I meant Marsh in for Walton here and there. Although I have to say I like Walton alot He plays hard and is a good team guy.

Agree I meant Marsh in for Walton here and there. Although I have to say I like Walton alot He plays hard and is a good team guy.

Walton has exceeded my expectations, but I wish he'd keep his head in the game during all of his minutes. He has some of the weirdest lapses on defense/defensive boards that make me wonder if he's even paying attention sometimes! On the whole, though, he's been really great for us and I hope that he at least considers coming back for another year.

We should be able to play good defense against second teamers.

Or was that a fallacy and they had all their dudes?

I have not watched FSU play all year so I honestly don't know.

They have been playing 12 guys this year anyway but down 3 is a big deal for any team.

I’ll let Coach make that call but the athleticism of FSU would normally dictate limited Marsh matchups. The we let 6th year walk-on show out with great double double.

Back