• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke-Carolina

All y'all luxuriating in the Duke loss did not grow up in North Carolina during the Dean Smith era. "Then he becomes much much worse than Dean in being entitled to get calls from the officials and holier than thou about "the way we do things at Duke"."

You either didn't watch UNC games when Dean Smith was coaching, or you just forgot how much he owned the conference. K was just an extension of Smith, it's just more recent. I hate them both, my favorite days in the tournaments (ACC & NCAA) are always the days either of them lose. I get we are all happy they were humiliated, but any day a Tarhole is happy should be a bad day.

Also, I must say I have never understood the obsession on this board with Coach K and cussing. Did y'all ever play sports? I'm not sure if my football coach knew how to talk without cussing.

Again, UNC shouldn't have even been playing that game, their program should have been shut down. Talk about Coach K's favoritism, allowing UNC to get off scot free from the tutoring/fake class scandal is the ultimate insider favoritism.

I hear what you're saying. My hate of UNC used to be greater then my hate of Duke, particularly during Dean Smith era. I always pull for the road team in these games to see the home fans upset :) For a lot of different reasons my hate of Duke has surpassed UNC over the past decade. I know some Wake fans can't wrap their head around that. Don't get me wrong, I hate both programs. Just hate Duke a little more at this point.

I hear what you're saying. My hate of UNC used to be greater then my hate of Duke, particularly during Dean Smith era. I always pull for the road team in these games to see the home fans upset :) For a lot of different reasons my hate of Duke has surpassed UNC over the past decade. I know some Wake fans can't wrap their head around that. Don't get me wrong, I hate both programs. Just hate Duke a little more at this point.

Understand. Living out of NC now, my UNC hatred had softened some as well, as my Duke hatred increased over the years. Until the scandal that went unpunished. My disdain for them is forever cemented, I can't get over that and will never forgive the school for that. It's the flagship university of the state where I'm from, they should live to a higher standard. So it really bugs me to see UNC fans deliriously happy when I don't even think they should have a program. Amazing that they act as if that scandal never happened. Say what we want about Duke and Coach K, to our knowledge, they never created fake classes for their athletes.

All y'all luxuriating in the Duke loss did not grow up in North Carolina during the Dean Smith era. "Then he becomes much much worse than Dean in being entitled to get calls from the officials and holier than thou about "the way we do things at Duke"."

You either didn't watch UNC games when Dean Smith was coaching, or you just forgot how much he owned the conference. K was just an extension of Smith, it's just more recent. I hate them both, my favorite days in the tournaments (ACC & NCAA) are always the days either of them lose. I get we are all happy they were humiliated, but any day a Tarhole is happy should be a bad day.

Also, I must say I have never understood the obsession on this board with Coach K and cussing. Did y'all ever play sports? I'm not sure if my football coach knew how to talk without cussing.

Again, UNC shouldn't have even been playing that game, their program should have been shut down. Talk about Coach K's favoritism, allowing UNC to get off scot free from the tutoring/fake class scandal is the ultimate insider favoritism.

played plenty of sports at a high level and never had one coach drop the f bomb as K routinely does. These kids should have a coach who respects the other team and the officials. Throwing f bombs and not respecting folks trying to do their jobs is just a very bad example. There is too much disrespect today with coaches acting like jackasses and making things worse. Sure yell at them and get your point across but no need to cross the iine. Don't see Forbes doing this or Bennett or any other coach worth a damn.

It's hard to not be happy to see UNC rain all over K's final game. He's made this season entirely about his farewell tour, and the spectacle in Durham on Saturday was horrible to watch. You can say what you want about UNC, but the way Roy handled his retirement was a class act in comparison to K. Watching Duke lose by 13 at home in K's final game in front of 80 former players and a host of celebrities was priceless.

Understand. Living out of NC now, my UNC hatred had softened some as well, as my Duke hatred increased over the years. Until the scandal that went unpunished. My disdain for them is forever cemented, I can't get over that and will never forgive the school for that. It's the flagship university of the state where I'm from, they should live to a higher standard. So it really bugs me to see UNC fans deliriously happy when I don't even think they should have a program. Amazing that they act as if that scandal never happened. Say what we want about Duke and Coach K, to our knowledge, they never created fake classes for their athletes.

No. They sent them to NCCU and let them take classes there and somehow graduate in 3 years while still playing college basketball at the highest level. Nothing fishy about that.

No. They sent them to NCCU and let them take classes there and somehow graduate in 3 years while still playing college basketball at the highest level. Nothing fishy about that.

Any Duke student can take classes at NCCU. I’m so tired of you elitist pricks singling out Central because it’s an HBCU. It’s not even a dog whistle at this point.

https://trinity.duke.edu/undergraduate/academic-policies/courses-interinstitutional

“A Duke undergraduate regularly enrolled as a fulll-time degree-seeking student and paying full fees can sign up for one course at UNC-Chapel Hill, UNC-Charlotte, or UNC-Greensboro; NC Central University; or NC State University each semester through an interinstitutional agreement that exists between these institutions and Duke.”

Any Duke student can take classes at NCCU. I’m so tired of you elitist pricks singling out Central because it’s an HBCU. It’s not even a dog whistle at this point.

https://trinity.duke.edu/undergraduate/academic-policies/courses-interinstitutional

“A Duke undergraduate regularly enrolled as a fulll-time degree-seeking student and paying full fees can sign up for one course at UNC-Chapel Hill, UNC-Charlotte, or UNC-Greensboro; NC Central University; or NC State University each semester through an interinstitutional agreement that exists between these institutions and Duke.”

Doesn't have anything to do with NCCU being an HBCU. It's a good school like all the others you list. It has to do with Duke basketball players taking classes at another institution and graduating in 3 years. It doesn't matter what school it is, it doesn't seem possible that anyone could play major college basketball and graduate in 3 years. The Duke players did take classes at NCCU, not the other schools.

Doesn't have anything to do with NCCU being an HBCU. It's a good school like all the others you list. It has to do with Duke basketball players taking classes at another institution and graduating in 3 years. It doesn't matter what school it is, it doesn't seem possible that anyone could play major college basketball and graduate in 3 years. The Duke players did take classes at NCCU, not the other schools.

Agree. NCCU being a HBCU school has nothing to do with this at all.

I took classes at other schools when I was at Duke. Easier grades, hotter women.

No one really goes to school to learn do they?

dook can't be that smart if they were sending kids to take real classes at nccu, when they could been taking the fake classes at chapel hill

A lot of truth there. My class at Central was harder than my class at UNC law.

It's hard to not be happy to see UNC rain all over K's final game. He's made this season entirely about his farewell tour, and the spectacle in Durham on Saturday was horrible to watch. You can say what you want about UNC, but the way Roy handled his retirement was a class act in comparison to K. Watching Duke lose by 13 at home in K's final game in front of 80 former players and a host of celebrities was priceless.

With you until the end. Some paid tens of thousands for the privilege!

Does not even come close to equating taking a fake class at your school with tutors taking tests for athletes. Miles different.

Agree. NCCU being a HBCU school has nothing to do with this at all.

Do you have access to transcripts? Who are all these Duke players who graduated in three years? All I can remember is Jason Williams saying he was going to do so. And I don’t know if he actually graduated. Even so, graduating in three years is not that hard to do if you take enough summer courses.

Any Duke student can take courses at any public school within an hour of campus and you all hone in on basketball players (predominantly Black) taking classes at NCCU (predominantly Black). What’s the big deal about students graduating early by taking classes that aren’t offered at Duke at another university? That’s an accomplishment.

It’s about race, blatantly so. Either you’re making very lightly veiled racist statements or you’ve fallen for them. Don’t get caught up in the trap of trying to defend racism. Just admit it you messed up and move on.

Last edited:
Do you have access to transcripts? Who are all these Duke players who graduated in three years? All I can remember is Jason Williams saying he was going to do so. And I don’t know if he actually graduated. Even so, graduating in three years is not that hard to do if you take enough summer courses.

Any Duke student can take courses at any public school within an hour of campus and you all hone in on basketball players (predominantly Black) taking classes at NCCU (predominantly Black). What’s the big deal about students graduating early by taking classes that aren’t offered at Duke at another university? That’s an accomplishment.

It’s about race, blatantly so. Either you’re making very lightly veiled racist statements or you’ve fallen for them. Don’t get caught up in the trap of trying to defend racism. Just admit it you messed up and move on.

first of all you nothing about me, but go ahead and start throwing the racism charge. You are an ass. If you would have asked questions instead of immediately make charges of racism perhaps you could educate yourself. I first read about Duke players taking courses a NC Central a few years back. I did read this from a publication and not some online message board. If this is not true please enlighten me. I prefer to ask for clarification or more information then making personal attacks. My takeaway was that Duke started recruiting players that could not make it academically at the school and let them take classes elsewhere. To be honest I did not even know it was a HBC at the time nor does it make any difference. This is the school that was sighted. If they are going to other schools that is fine, go ahead and enlighten me on this as well. I don't think wake allows this during the season or school year but I could be wrong. Again if you can refute any of the above I would like to get the facts.

first of all you nothing about me, but go ahead and start throwing the racism charge. You are an ass. If you would have asked questions instead of immediately make charges of racism perhaps you could educate yourself. I first read about Duke players taking courses a NC Central a few years back. I did read this from a publication and not some online message board. If this is not true please enlighten me. I prefer to ask for clarification or more information then making personal attacks. My takeaway was that Duke started recruiting players that could not make it academically at the school and let them take classes elsewhere. To be honest I did not even know it was a HBC at the time nor does it make any difference. This is the school that was sighted. If they are going to other schools that is fine, go ahead and enlighten me on this as well. I don't think wake allows this during the season or school year but I could be wrong. Again if you can refute any of the above I would like to get the facts.

why don't you try to enlighten yourself instead of relying on someone else to do it for you.

I gave you the facts and you're having a hissy fit about it while broadly showing your ignorance on multiple fronts.

Students at one school taking classes at another school is very common. Wake is unusual if they don't allow it.

Like I said, just admit you messed up and move on.

Back