• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Duke-Carolina

Last night the 'rationalization' was dook is so young and were not prepared for such a big moment.

I guess they will be a week older for the ACCT and all will be well. Too bad they are likely to be playing an older and experienced FSU team.

Coach K will only have one retirement in their Duke careers. Some of the guys have previously played in ACC Tournaments.

One reason I have some concern about Wake in the tournament. Only three of Wake's players have been there before.

All of the main rotation guys have been in conference tournaments.

Time for Duke to move on from Cameron since it doesn’t provide a home court advantage. 9-1 on the road vs 7-3 at home.

I thought the Carolina PG was outstanding in the second half. I dont follow enough bball to even know his name but he was tremendous.

Watching all the Dukies shown on ESPN and their tears made me feel like Eric Cartman tasting the tears of vanquished enemies - nothing short of utter deliciousness.

Every Carolina prick in my neighborhood is wearing a pansy blue tshirt today.

I thought the Carolina PG was outstanding in the second half. I dont follow enough bball to even know his name but he was tremendous.

RJ Davis, when it is normally Caleb Love. Love is usually selfish and out of control, and piloted the blowout loss in the Dean Dome. He was so bad the whole damn team looked uncoached. Making the change to Davis was the key difference last night, and would make UNC more formidable going forward.

Never pull for the Carolina Pricks, ever, when they beat Duke, they have all come out of the woodwork. Worst thing is, they jumped Wake on the bubble and put Wake back on the bubble.
In addition to that, wake gets to play Miami again instead of playing UNC, who I think we would bludgeon again. I think Miami has Wake's number. So last night's results were not good to Wake.

Never pull for the Carolina Pricks, ever, when they beat Duke, they have all come out of the woodwork. Worst thing is, they jumped Wake on the bubble and put Wake back on the bubble.
In addition to that, wake gets to play Miami again instead of playing UNC, who I think we would bludgeon again. I think Miami has Wake's number. So last night's results were not good to Wake.

Disagree. I’d rather play Miami, despite the 2 loses earlier this year. The Carolina team I saw last night is a hell of a lot different than the one we played in Winston a month ago. Not saying we couldn’t or shouldn’t beat them, but they worry me more than Miami.

Hard to beat a team three times. I’d like another crack at Miami.

I've never really understood the "K-hate" on this board. If he was Wake's coach for the last 42 years, and we had won 5 national titles, people here would be lined up to blow him, too.

I've never really understood the "K-hate" on this board. If he was Wake's coach for the last 42 years, and we had won 5 national titles, people here would be lined up to blow him, too.

Yeah, but he’s not. So it should be pretty obvious.

What's obvious? That he certainly ranks as perhaps the greatest college coach of all time?

I think Pitt beats BC and we should be able to handle Pitt.

If we play Miami, who do we put on Wong? I feel like we tried Mucius, Jake and Alondes before. Don’t want those guys getting cheap early fouls and Wong is elite at getting to his spot and can make us pay. I’m thinking we stick Cam on him or make a point of switching Sy off ball screens. Hope we have a plan for him that works.

Disagree. I’d rather play Miami, despite the 2 loses earlier this year. The Carolina team I saw last night is a hell of a lot different than the one we played in Winston a month ago. Not saying we couldn’t or shouldn’t beat them, but they worry me more than Miami.

Second

Was looking forward to Jake absolutely smoking Manek again - no one on their team can hang with Alondes. We have yet to show we can stop Wong or McGusty.

Back