• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Forbes Contract Extension

pretty much my point. then game was important bc we were on the bubble and it was critical to our tournament hopes, not bc of tournament itself (which nobody really cares about anymore i would argue)

so maybe we went from the 64th best team to the 70th best team. it sucks we may have moved from a binary “in” to “out” but in the big picture is a pretty small movement in how well we did this season.

Yo, dixie, no comment with your neg? What a gutless pussy you are.

You’re going nuts about some bar and posting about it like a crazy person. No one gives a shit. I’ve literally never seen you post before so I’m going to just move on with my life.

I’d go nuts to win a fuggin half of a basketball game in the acc tournament

I’d go nuts to win a fuggin half of a basketball game in the acc tournament

I’d go nuts to just play on Thursday of the ACCT tournament. Just play. We don’t have to win. And it’s fine if we get there via byes and still don’t win.

You’re going nuts about some bar and posting about it like a crazy person. No one gives a shit. I’ve literally never seen you post before so I’m going to just move on with my life.

Missed all 2800 of 'em, huh?

pretty much my point. then game was important bc we were on the bubble and it was critical to our tournament hopes, not bc of tournament itself (which nobody really cares about anymore i would argue)

so maybe we went from the 64th best team to the 70th best team. it sucks we may have moved from a binary “in” to “out” but in the big picture is a pretty small movement in how well we did this season.

I care about the ACC tournament. Lots of people do, even though WF has been horrible in it for a generation.

Expansion has hurt the college fan experience but conference championships still matter. So I’m very disappointed in our team’s and our coach’s performance today. I’m not calling his contract extension into question, but today sucked.

Wooof…some pretty bad takes on this thread. Mako, bring this back to the top three years from now when Forbes wins a natty, please.

Its easy not to care about the acc tournament when you haven't even played on the same day as the conference favorites in over 12 years.

I’m absolutely fine with the Forbes extension. Currie had to still get him while he could. Wake Forest doesn’t have a lot of options given a lot of aspects of our program. There arent a lot of hot young coaches who would likely have long term interest in staying with the Deacs. Maybe Pat Kelsey still but maybe not even him anymore. Our pool is very small. Yes, we can always find a pass through old guy. But we have that in Forbes and he is certainly solid. So extending him now was a no brainer. And, again, it probably isn’t really a contract anyway—lots of outs since we don’t have to release the contract publicly. Great marketing piece. .

Currie is the gold standard for us. He can market so well and that’s such an important part of the job.

Coaches and players will come and go quickly in this era. Forbes has made a giant leap. No success yet but an enormous leap.

We as alums need to focus on long term stability. We don’t handle coaches. We handle the facilities. And we need a new one which is properly done and will last through the next 6-7 Coaches.

I’m absolutely fine with the Forbes extension. Currie had to still get him while he could. Wake Forest doesn’t have a lot of options given a lot of aspects of our program. There arent a lot of hot young coaches who would likely have long term interest in staying with the Deacs. Maybe Pat Kelsey still but maybe not even him anymore. Our pool is very small. Yes, we can always find a pass through old guy. But we have that in Forbes and he is certainly solid. So extending him now was a no brainer. And, again, it probably isn’t really a contract anyway—lots of outs since we don’t have to release the contract publicly. Great marketing piece. .

Currie is the gold standard for us. He can market so well and that’s such an important part of the job.

Coaches and players will come and go quickly in this era. Forbes has made a giant leap. No success yet but an enormous leap.

We as alums need to focus on long term stability. We don’t handle coaches. We handle the facilities. And we need a new one which is properly done and will last through the next 6-7 Coaches.

Do you just think about needing a smaller arena literary 24/7? I’m also fairly sure that no one posting on here has any say whatsoever in our facilities.

1/ wgaf about the acc tournament anymore
2/ obviously those games are more important but almost entirely predicted by overall / regular season performance. there are pretty much no coaches that sustainably do better or worse than you would expect based on overall and the ones that do revert to the mean with enough time (lute olsen, tom izzo)
3/ the end is not the trophy

Ugh, maybe Timmy would have known what the Final 4 was like?

Always been a much bigger issue.

Once again totally oblivious to the reality that a great home environment brings in better players to play on the neutral courts.

The Joel has proven now for 30 years it doesn't work.

Should we endure 30 more of these failures before we try a different path?

Once again totally oblivious to the reality that a great home environment brings in better players to play on the neutral courts.

The Joel has proven now for 30 years it doesn't work.

Should we endure 30 more of these failures before we try a different path?
Because it isn't reality but you are obsessed with duke and you attribute way more importance to Cameron than it warrents.

Back