• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Consolidated Bracketology Thread 3/12/23 updates

Miami in WS, @Clemson and BC in tourney defined our season. Most likely in the field if we win one of those.

Just said that we're getting dinged for not playing anyone OOC and not beating anyone of note. She was trying to be vague but it doesn't look good.

checks resume. Sees win vs PAC12 team on neutral site. Checks Pac12 standings. Sees self out.

Too much myopia. Trust me, no one of a right mind looks at Wake football winning 11 games and their main takeaway from the season is that we sucked in the ACCCG.

We do play opponents, and that opponent was better, Heisman candidate QB, better players and all.

Hiring Forbes seems like a pretty clear break from the Wake Forest way. To have one disappointment in one 40-minute game and then say "nothing has changed" isn't logical. Which I get on some level, we're fans, but I do wish some you would apply at least a little bit of critical thinking

Bullshit. Plenty of people didn’t think we belonged in the acc championship game and we didn’t show up. It’s not that we lost but we played like shit and basically choked. Same with basketball. We are clearly better off with Forbes and I’ve said so often. But we still choked in the tournament. In this case a game we definitely should have won.

My point is we do that a lot here. And I’m not being myopic I’m looking at a long history here.

How is Michigan in? They went 17-14. Every year the Big 10 gets completely overrated and mediocre teams get in.

Miami in WS, @Clemson and BC in tourney defined our season. Most likely in the field if we win one of those.

I think that's a little harsh. This team did beat ND, UNC, VT and UVA. Feel like those games are season defining too. As bad the Miami and Clemson losses were, almost every team inexplicably loses some games. UNC was blown out at home by dreadful Pitt. Miami is a tough veteran team. Clemson played surprisingly well down the stretch, and it took a VT buzzer beater to win beat Clemson in the ACCT. The loss that can not happen was the BC game. 10 point lead with 6 minutes to go against an inferior tired opponent. Got to close that game out. Clemson and Miami sucked, but every team is going to have mid-season bumps. The ACCT is the last chance to beautify the tourney resume against a team with only pride to play for; the coaches and players have to approach that game like it was the most important game of the year, and they did not.

Last edited:
checks resume. Sees win vs PAC12 team on neutral site. Checks Pac12 standings. Sees self out.

And not just a P12 team, but a P12 team that made the Elite 8 last year.

If we do get left out of because of our OOC SOS, it's impossible to understate how much Oregon State's downfall is to blame

And not just a P12 team, but a P12 team that made the Elite 8 last year.

If we do get left out of because of our OOC SOS, it's impossible to understate how much Oregon State's downfall is to blame

Well yes, Forbes directly referenced Oregon State in the post-game presser.

While he still has us as the last team in Lunardi just said on TV that he expects us to fall out after tonight's games...SOS

So although the BC loss was brutal, do you all feel if we won and then lost a third time to Miami, they would have still have us out? Our biggest slide was the final weekend just resting after putting up 200 points in two games.

I think we get in if we beat BC, probably on the edge between Last Four Byes and First Four. That would have been 24 wins for the right side of the bubble. 25 wins in any configuration would have gotten us firmly in the field.

Beat BC and we're in and likely not playing in Dayton

Because of how shitty this ended, maybe it makes some of our super seniors want to come back.

Sure, we could blame Oregon State, but Forbes has to take some blame for letting Oregon State get back in the game and send it to overtime so that the late tip ended after midnight going into an LSU game that would have been a quality win.

Bullshit. Plenty of people didn’t think we belonged in the acc championship game and we didn’t show up. It’s not that we lost but we played like shit and basically choked. Same with basketball. We are clearly better off with Forbes and I’ve said so often. But we still choked in the tournament. In this case a game we definitely should have won.

My point is we do that a lot here. And I’m not being myopic I’m looking at a long history here.

We get our hopes up a lot, that's sort of our M.O. - very passionate fan base. Passion: see selection Sunday potential meltdown.

Basketball: I guess beating UNC at home is looking really good right now. Same with ND.

I love Clawson. Dude is going to find a way to get us into the CFB final 4.

Wrong sport right now, but UNC was ABC game, and we played no defense (two years in a row, walk-on safety whom Mack singled out; our D-line could not tackle their QB etc.).

Clemson was ESPN and we were in the game at half time at least.

Pitt - good lord.

All big game losses.

NC State was a state of NC game and nobody outside of WF or NCS cared - but we won.

My memory is foggy, and I tend to think of Texas A&M bowl game as our last big game win?

That's football.

Back