• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Need a guy who can rig a frogger machine so that I can moveit without losing power

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching the news and they've literally got a thermal camera and they're pointing it at random spots. They just asked if they should solve climate change by building giant air conditioned shopping malls

I forgot how awesome Tom Cruise is on The Color of Money.

Besides the outfield bleachers, the derby is empty. LA stand up!

Yeah and then you go inside to AC and cool off

Sucks trying to sleep when it’s 80+ in your house and fans are just blowing hot air on you

Besides the outfield bleachers, the derby is empty. LA stand up!

Ain't no one making it to DTLA for like a 5PM start. Bleacher seats were like $600, was thinking about it. I guess all the people in my office are doing the MLB draft for the dodgers, and they're using our space because we have the biggest conference room near the stadium. It's fucking nuts how many people they got crammed in there.

The wife started a new job last month, and has been working crazy hours creating this spreadsheet. Easily worked 8-10hrs per day during 3 day 4th of july weekend, 12 hour days routinely, etc. Not that she's required to, but really wanted to do a good job. All making a big spreadsheet that was on OneDrive and got corrupted this afternoon, wouldn't open and she had no other copies saved anywhere. However, I figured out how to restore it 10 minutes ago. This is what a super hero must feel like.

12 hours is work but it isn’t crazy hours. Come on.

she's like a basic level bookkeeper getting paid like $22/hr and not recording her OT. It's nuts what she's doing. I've also probably worked more than 40 hours twice in 6 years.

Been watching this new resident evil, and it is… awful. Like bad for a video game remake.

Gonna channel my inner townie:

Sitting here in 100° London, absolutely dripping sweat because they don't have air conditioning in this godforsaken country. but snacking on a delicious burrata and sipping an elderflower spritz, with pasta and house wine (from their own Italian vineyard) on the way.

Idk man, people freaking out because it hit 100 once… sit in some shade wait until 6 and then come outside. Even no AC I dont get it.

Idk man, people freaking out because it hit 100 once… sit in some shade wait until 6 and then come outside. Even no AC I dont get it.
Outside it's nothing compared to Texas. But inside it is awful. Worse than anything I remember experiencing in Texas. Five minutes in this house last night and I'd completely soaked through my shirt and was dripping. Nobody owns fans either and houses aren't equipped with ceiling fans.

I'm also in an airbnb so I can't exactly lounge around naked

Also, today in London it may be the hottest it's ever been here in recorded human history (apx. 400 years). So, yeah, kinda fucked to downplay the dangers. Remember how many people died in Texas when the power went out during the ice storm? Some places and people just aren't built for extreme weather

I was in London during a heat wave once. It was 85 and it sucked. Our hotel brought us an “air conditioner” which was basically a fan that you poured 5 ice cubes into to blow air over.

I was in London during a heat wave once. It was 85 and it sucked. Our hotel brought us an “air conditioner” which was basically a fan that you poured 5 ice cubes into to blow air over.
For context, it's 102° outside right now where I'm working

Outside it's nothing compared to Texas. But inside it is awful. Worse than anything I remember experiencing in Texas. Five minutes in this house last night and I'd completely soaked through my shirt and was dripping. Nobody owns fans either and houses aren't equipped with ceiling fans.

I'm also in an airbnb so I can't exactly lounge around naked

sounds like when we used to have bad hurricanes growing up in Florida and you were without power for a few weeks. we'd be out in the yard clearing debris but it'd be hotter in the house than outside. we'd usually get a generator running a window AC unit in one room in the house where we'd all sleep. my parents eventually installed a whole house generator long after we moved out, but I don't think they ever had a bad storm where it was necessary for more than a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back