• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Football Deacs Season Thread (what a shitty end. fuck duke.)

I'd love to play Tennessee OOC.

Tennessee…

The program as a whole doesn’t exist within this realm of realty.

To write a whole column bragging about how your team could beat Top 25 teams and then the highest one you pick is #17? I mean if you’re gonna do it at least aim high

I’m sure their asshole fans are crowing on their message board about how much they’d beat the Deacs by and humiliate Currie but they’d never want their team to have to stoop to playing in Winston.

To write a whole column bragging about how your team could beat Top 25 teams and then the highest one you pick is #17? I mean if you’re gonna do it at least aim high

A team that literally just beat them last year at home. Then they go into mental gymnastics about Pittsburgh’s roster. 🤣

Tennessee fans are the most insane and delusional group around. If you ever visit Knoxville in August or September and get a chance to listen to the sports radio call-in shows you'll know what I mean. They actually thought Butch Jones was going to deliver championships. Then they thought the same thing about Jeremy Pruitt. They make Finebaum callers sound like geniuses.

quite surprised at AT Perry in the top 30

Greene is the better WR assuming full health imo

really hoping Sam can come back soon and sling it all over

Greene may be better, but Perry has the production from last year, when people actually paid attention to Wake. Hoping all 3 have great years!

Yeah I agree, Greene looks like he *could* be that guy but Perry has a full season of elite production on his resume. I’d actually probably put him ahead of Hartman honestly but love to see both guys getting recognition. If Greene is full speed this year our receiver group will be terrifying.

quite surprised at AT Perry in the top 30

Greene is the better WR assuming full health imo

really hoping Sam can come back soon and sling it all over

I think Greene will have an excellent year, but the hype for him among Wake fans is really far ahead of what his production actually has been at this point. In 2020, his only full season, he averaged 3.6 receptions per game for 72.75 yards along with 2 TDs in 8 games. Last year, AT Perry averaged 5.1 receptions per game for 92.36 yards per game and 15 TDs in 14 games. Adding in the facts that Greene has only played in 12 college football games and is coming off the injury, and the comparison between Perry and Greene really isn't close at this point in time.

I do think that Greene is as talented of a WR as Perry, but he has to prove that on the football field before he'll get wide recognition for it.

Greene is a shitload faster than Perry. Having them both on the field will be a nightmare for the opposing team's secondary.

Now, if we ever threw the ball to the TE, defenses would be totally fucked.

Back