• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Are Moto/White the ideal twosome out of those listed? Moto seems LEGIT.

I don't see getting both of them. They are fairly similar players and we already have two SFs. having four SFs is not wise.

It sounds like most here would prefer one of those two, along with a PF. Strictly speaking, Moto and White are probably the best players available, but you've got to consider need.

If were we able to get White it would give me a lot more confidence in the staff's ability to recruit against some of the bigger names. Lots of programs have entered his recruitment.

We're going head-to-head with UCLA and Florida for Moto. I'd call them "big names".

If we get Brown and Jankovic, 12/13 will look like this:

PG - Tony, Fields, Codi
SG - JTT, CJ, Chase
SF - Travis, Aaron, Jankovic
PF- Brown, Jankovic, Green, Carson
C - Carson, Green, Washington

By the end of the year, this could be a pretty decent team.

Who is Brown?

Sidenote: getting confused with Brown, White, Green, etc. Next we'll recruit a Black, Orange, and Indigo.

Good stuff here.

RJ- I'm guessing all measurements are slightly inflated when they come from the kids. I'd venture to guess Jank is not really 225.

I don't know all that much about Thomas, if his ESPN profile is any indication, he is someone who would be an imediate contributor here:

He's a tad undersized but what he lacks in height he makes up for with his heart. Thomas brings the energy, especially on the glass. Strikes us as a player who simply has a passion for rebounding. Established post moves and he runs the floor. His comfort level is in the paint and he knows his way around the lane. Works to get tips at the rim. Could be a late bloomer.

If we were to land Jank and Thomas, with Washington and Rountree coming in, all of a sudden we are respectably-sized team again. Not full of bruisers, but at least we have the chance to be respectable in the paint.

Good stuff here.

RJ- I'm guessing all measurements are slightly inflated when they come from the kids. I'd venture to guess Jank is not really 225.

I don't know all that much about Thomas, if his ESPN profile is any indication, he is someone who would be an imediate contributor here:

He's a tad undersized but what he lacks in height he makes up for with his heart. Thomas brings the energy, especially on the glass. Strikes us as a player who simply has a passion for rebounding. Established post moves and he runs the floor. His comfort level is in the paint and he knows his way around the lane. Works to get tips at the rim. Could be a late bloomer.

If we were to land Jank and Thomas, with Washington and Rountree coming in, all of a sudden we are respectably-sized team again. Not full of bruisers, but at least we have the chance to be respectable in the paint.

Add that Roundtree is a 6-8 second guard and McKie is a damn good rebounder in his own right, and we could be - gasp - a pretty good rebounding team.

Torian Graham just decommitted from State and is listing Wake Forest.

scoutsfocus: Torian Graham said he is looking to hear from Kentucky, NCSU, UNC, Duke, UCLA, Baylor, Louisville and Xavier...

nothing about Wake there....

I doubt Graham would even be able to qualify, I heard his grades are absolutely terrible.

Just ready for two of these guys to commit already. I am still a little weary about Jankovic, but I'd be pretty pumped with either of the SF candidates on the table and either of the other two PF candidates on the table.

I would not be surprised to see something shake out in the next 7-14 days.

What was encouraging was that Purdue is after Jankovic. They have some good players coming in over the next two years.

I just want a hard nosed power forward, and it doesn't seem like he's very likely to become that kind of player. Now him plus one of the other two pf's could be an interesting combination.

I would not be surprised to see something shake out in the next 7-14 days.

What was encouraging was that Purdue is after Jankovic. They have some good players coming in over the next two years.

Purdue just lost one of those guys this week. Don't remember the name.

I think by mid-September a couple things will shake out. Seems like Jank and Thomas would be the decisions that will come the quickest and are most likely to choose Wake.

NBE Update on Amile Jefferson from last week

Still think its an extreme longshot, but at least we might be getting a visit.

“We’re hoping to get a visit to NC State and while we’re down there maybe visit Wake Forest. Get up to Maryland. Hopefully get up to Pitt. And right now that’s pretty much it. Maybe get a visit in to Ohio State as well,” said Jefferson.

Back