• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Typical Buzzout/LOWF. Aaron and Codi are m,ore highly ranked on Scout, but all of a sudden that doesn't count.

Really disappointed all of our guys cam down a few notches. Had heard positive reports from Telep and others about all of them, especially Rountree, when they were on the cusp of the top 100.

rj, I don't have an agenda. The fact that our 2012 class is not near a top 20 class is pretty clear.

M.Harell drops to a 91 as is S.Jankovic. D.Thomas is a 90.

Just to be clear, my concern has been when are we going to get back to being a consistent top 25 program and a top 5 Acc team. I think we still need inside power players and a top fifty A. White type. If we can add that skill combination to our current trio I would at least have some hope.

If we sign two more from the follwing group, we will have a Top 20 class:

Jankovic
Thomas
White
Moto
Edosomwan
Mbargorba

I would hope so. However, our main problem right now is cutting off the lay up drill that other teams have in the lane. If I was Coach Bz I would have stayed in Europe until I found somebody that can defend the post area. Until that problem is resolved we are not going to get out of the second division in the ACC.

Typical Buzzout/LOWF. Aaron and Codi are m,ore highly ranked on Scout, but all of a sudden that doesn't count.

Who has said anything like that?

Every Wake fan, Buzz In or Buzz Out, should be disappointed when a number of our commits drop on a major recruiting site. Simple as that.

Every Wake fan, Buzz In or Buzz Out, should be disappointed when a number of our commits drop on a major recruiting site. Simple as that.

Why? For what reason did they drop? Because other guys committed to big name programs? Because they skipped a camp?

These are Wake guys now. Wake fans should care about their actual play, not some bullshit number.

All things equal, I would rather have third party recruiting services rate our guys higher than lower. Everyone would be excited if all three made the top 100, so obviously there will be some disappointment when two take a pretty substantial step back in the eyes of Telep.

There isn't much to discuss in recruiting if we don't put some stock in how a major service like ESPN evaluates guys most have never seen play.

When I asked a major publication's national college bball writer what the difference between #40 and #100,he just laughed.

There is a difference between Top 25 and #75 but much less between #75 and #125.

When you get out of the Top 25-40, it can often be as arbitrary as when the kid is seen or what team he plays for.

D.Thomas has the 4 skills we need so that would be a step in the right direction if he signed with us.

When I asked a major publication's national college bball writer what the difference between #40 and #100,he just laughed.

There is a difference between Top 25 and #75 but much less between #75 and #125.

When you get out of the Top 25-40, it can often be as arbitrary as when the kid is seen or what team he plays for.

I agree.

Doesn't mean I can't still be disappointed when our guys drop.

FtC answered DCDeac better than I could have.

Brick updated his rankings based on the top 100 camp. He moved Tyler Lewis to #30. I would have to say that Telep and the Espn guys have seen them play a lot more.

Relevant updated 2013 ESPN super 60:

29 - Kennedy Meeks
32 - Greg McClinton
48 - Anton Gill
59 - Aquille Carr

Back