• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

In his video it looks like he can handle it pretty good for a 6'8'' guy and has a decent touch. Most of the video is just dunks though.

Wood's top two are WVU and Md.

Long shot at best for us.

He has serious game and upside though.

It's kind of odd that all of these are also being recruited ny WVU:

White
Jankovic
Mbargorba
Wood

I'm more impressedc that Purdue offered than whether WVU did or didn't. Painter is one best coaches and best judges of talent in the country.

I would be more concerned about WVU not offering in light of the comments Jankovic's coach made about him not being tough enough to play for Huggins.

Can anyone verify that he even has a Purdue offer? Looks like their fans were pretty surprised they made his list, and he seems to be a back-up option to AJ Hammons.

Andre Washington and Marshall Woods are best friends- so that is a factor in our favor.

Can anyone verify that he even has a Purdue offer? Looks like their fans were pretty surprised they made his list, and he seems to be a back-up option to AJ Hammons.

I cannot, but if they made his top 5, and he's planning to visit in October, he either a) has an offer or b) feels he is very close to an offer.

Also, I thought Hammons was a true center. Stefan is nearly the same height but has a completely different game. I don't think they are mutually exclusive for Purdue at all.

Finally, I think it's pretty telling that he plans on making Wake his last visit. Question is whether or not we'll still have a ship for him when that rolls around.

Last edited:
And they both require scholarships. Purdue already has 3 commits for 2012, and I count 9 scholarship players slated to return next year. If they get Hammons or Gary Harris, their apparent top two targets, they're booked. Harris looks like a long-shot, but we should be cheering hard for them to get a commit from Hammons soon.

Edit: confirmed that Purdue only has one more scholarship to give.

Last edited:
Purdue signed 2 PFs for 2011 and one committment for 2012. They haven't isgned a C yet.

Allegedly, Devauntes Rivera-Smith is still considering them.

Scout's new top 100 is a little kinder to our guys. CMM is 68, Rountree is 86. Looks like Andre moved down a bit as he was borderline top 100 and is now a 3-star NR C.

On Scout you are 4* if in Top 100 and rarely get rayed by position if you aren't.

That's what I'm saying, he was the #23 ranked C before when the #21 ranked C was in the top 100.

Scout ranks their top 30 centers, so Washington dropped at least 8 spots in the center rankings. What were Rountree and CMM rated last time around? I feel like they were in the 75ish range, but could be making that up.

Back