• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

Strange timing to quit in late August with the stated reason being that he wants to find an Asst job in the college ranks.

Maybe he just wanted everyone to be absolutely sure that he was available when next season ends?

:noidea:

I feel like getting McClinton or not will be a firm verdict on whether Bzz can recruit against head to head against ACC competition, or whether we'll have to rely totally on the sleeper route.

Yes... a sample size of one should render a firm verdict whether Bz can recruit head to head against ACC competition.

Good call.

Last edited:
He'd need to land multiple players of the similar caliber in the next two classes to appease me. Doesn't have to be those three specifically, just a top 50 player who is a top 50 player at the date of commit. Relying on sleepers will not lead to consistent success.

It amazes me that people can still put so much stock in the guru rankings after witnessing the recent flops of Top 50 players like Walker, Woods, and Ari Stewart.

Bz needs to recruit prospects who can actually play basketball. Period.

If he doesn't he will be history.

It amazes me that people can still put so much stock in the guru rankings after witnessing the recent flops of Top 50 players like Walker, Woods, and Ari Stewart.

Woods and Stewart did not flop.

Tony Woods was no good. He was a slightly above average rebounder, an average defender and a liablilty on offense. His hands would have made Roberto Duran envious.

Ari was a good scorer who put himself above the team.

Without Tyler Lewis, FCD is probably going to suck this year. May have ppt.ed the move by Dawson. Also, he may already have a line on a job but isn't able to announce yet.

Zena Edosomwan has cut his list to a very eclectic six:

Washington
USC (the real one)
Cal
Texas
Harvard
Wake

It amazes me how people can not put stock in the guru rankings after witnessing Wake hoops over the last 10 years. Our 4* and 5* recruits have faired much better than the 3* recruits.

Good info rj... it was need to stop the creeping devolution of the thread. Zena has scheduled official visits for three schools, USC, Harvard and Wake.

Why would he do an official visit at a school a few miles from home? He can meet those USC girls any time.

When is he coming to Wake?

Given that Wake and Harvard are two of his three annmounced visits, I'd also be worried about Cal.

Not sure when the visits are, but I like Wake being one of the first three. One of these PFs has to commit eventually.

I would have thought he would have thought his five visits would not have included USC.

BTW you could retire very confortably on the value of about 20% of the cars of the students at Harvard-Westlake.

Stewart was a pretty awful basketball player last year. Walk-ons were literally playing better than he was.

Not because of his ability.

And Woods continues to be underrated by members of this board.

Not because of his ability.

And Woods continues to be underrated by members of this board.

Ari failed last year because of his own chosen actions. Had we not be so very thin on live bodies he would have been benched for his actions.

Woods has EVERY opportunity to show that he could play under Dino and didn't improve.

He could improve his defense and rebounding, but his hands will always be terrible.

Ari failed last year because of his own chosen actions. Had we not be so very thin on live bodies he would have been benched for his actions.

Woods has EVERY opportunity to show that he could play under Dino and didn't improve.

He could improve his defense and rebounding, but his hands will always be terrible.

That doesn't disagree with anything I said. I don't necessarily agree with putting the full blame for the situation on Ari but he certainly could have handled it better. Attrition is a normal result of a coaching transition so let's just leave it at that.

Tony Woods certainly did improve, both on offense and defense. He was never going to be more than a catch (hopefully...) and dunk player on offense, but I think he would have been a force on defense his junior and senior years. It will be interesting to see how he does at Oregon.

there are things you may not know which aren't for public dissemination. Ari's problems were 100% on Ari.

Back to the subject, it would be really good to get a PF. The only thing that scares me is these guys are a bit undersized.

Hopefully, Zena and Devin are longer than they are tall.

Back