• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

ZagsBlog article by Alex Kline that basically adds substance to that tweet:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/08/03/thomas-flips-favorites-recruiting-rundown/

After a stellar July, Devin Thomas started August off on the right foot.

The 2012 6-foot-8 power forward from Mid Penn Motion and Central Dauphin High in Pennsylvania reeled in four new offers from Marquette, Temple, Penn State and Wake Forest.

During July, Thomas said that Penn State and new coach Pat Chambers led for his services. However, that is no longer the case.

Following an unofficial visit to Wake Forest on Wednesday, Thomas has a new leade

“The visit went great,” he said. “I really liked it. They are my new favorite.”
“The coaches and players are cool, and they want and need me,” he added.
He will take another unofficial visit to Virginia Tech on Thursday with no offer in hand from the Hokies. But that could change.

Thomas will likely make his college decision sometime in September depending on where else he ends up visiting.

As the visits pile on, leaders could change for the rising senior. With Wake Forest in the lead now, they must hold on to that advantage.

"“The coaches and players are cool, and they want and need me,” he added."

Preach it mang

Wow, wonder how that VT visit is going with the school on lockdown. :eek:

Assuming Tabb is gone for good, would we take both Thomas and Zena? That would leave us with just one scholarship for the class of 2013.

We probably wouldn't prefer to take Thomas and Zena because they are too much alike. I think we would take Thomas/Zena and White/Moto or similar combinations.

Heading from the serene Wake campus to a lock down at Virginia Tech is quite a transition...

Maybe [Redacted] paid those kids $20 each to call the police...

We probably wouldn't prefer to take Thomas and Zena because they are too much alike. I think we would take Thomas/Zena and White/Moto or similar combinations.

I say take as much as we can get, even if they are similar. We've already seen enough transition and lack of results from top 5 recruiting classes that getting 2 guys with the same skill sets gives us a better chance of actually getting 1 guy that can play the position.

I would rather have a 3rd power forward as opposed to a 3rd small forward because one of those small forwards is already a huge contributor who is going to be putting in over 30 minutes per game for the rest of his Wake career while at power forward we have nothing but question marks. Not to mention that we will also only be 2 deep at center so it would be good to a have a PF that can swing to center.

But, my opinion is pretty much irrelevant due to the fact that [Redacted] seems to prefer a shorter line-up compared to what we've traditionally seen here at Wake (actually, it would be irrelevant regardless).

If I am a 2012 small forward, why would I go to Wake Forest to compete with Rountree to back-up McKie? And then once McKie graduates compete with both Rountree and a 2013 small forward.

Last edited:
I would rather have a 3rd power forward as opposed to a 3rd small forward because one of those small forwards is already a huge contributor who is going to be putting in over 30 minutes per game for the rest of his Wake career while at power forward we have nothing but question marks. Not to mention that we will also only be 2 deep at center so it would be good to a have a PF that can swing to center.

But, my opinion is pretty much irrelevant due to the fact that [Redacted] seems to prefer a shorter line-up compared to what we've traditionally seen here at Wake (actually, it would be irrelevant regardless).

If I am a 2012 small forward, why would I go to Wake Forest to compete with Rountree to back-up McKie? And then once McKie graduates compete with both Rountree and a 2013 small forward.

Because you would want to play for the best damn college in the United States of America. That is why.

He wants to play for South Harmon Institute of Technology.

Bsd tweeting that stefan jankovic lists us as his leader and is visiting this week. Haven't heard that name in a while. Would he replace the moto/white/morris group or the Thomas etc PF group? And where has janko been all this time? Didn't his stock drop pretty bad this spring and summer?

Yeah I'd be interested to see how our recruiting changes if Jankovic commits. He claims he is now 6'10" 225 so he has gotten bigger so if he adds another 20+ pounds he could really be a match up nightmare.

Back