• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

lol great post

Yeah, he completely ignores the actual utility of straws and then talks about how he likes to hook his finger around a stirrer for no apparent reason when enjoying a mixed drink.

Milkshakes that are so thick you can't drink them through a straw.

although cookout shakes are tremendous, and you can't drink them through a straw without a 20 minute uncooling period

Milkshakes that are so thick you can't drink them through a straw.

Yeah, there should be a law about selling a Frosty or a Blizzard in the drive-thru lane because you have to eat that with a spoon and there's no way you can drive at the same time.

Only President Bloomberg can save us.

Yeah, there should be a law about selling a Frosty or a Blizzard in the drive-thru lane because you have to eat that with a spoon and there's no way you can drive at the same time.

Only President Bloomberg can save us.

1.png

there's a cocktail bar here that proudly proclaims it's straw free, but a lot of cocktails need a straw or something to stir the drink as it settles since syrups and heavier ingredients sink to the bottom and you're just drinking booze up top.

the environmental impact of plastic straws. why they don't have an alternative I don't know. but I do know paper straws suck.

the environmental impact of plastic straws. why they don't have an alternative I don't know. but I do know paper straws suck.

this ancient material called "Metal"

it's like, the one of the first techs in Civ, dude

Ah okay. So do they not use plastic trash bags also, each of which I would imagine constitute a few thousand straws? I guess there are a lot of plastic straws disposed of, but there are also a lot of plastic other things disposed of that are a lot bigger and would seem to have a more negative impact. Seems like a weird stance to take in environmental protest for an establishment built on consuming beverages.

Im with Catamount. If you're over 10 and use a straw then you are eating like a child. Have a grown up drink like coffee or tea or water with your meal. Drive your car without a beverage, you ill survive the trip. Stop off for refreshments if you get thirsty. You look like a douchebag puckering your lips to the straw

question: will TruckNutz offset straw-usage?

for example, could this guy pull off a straw in his diet mountain dew?:

truck-nutz.jpg

the important thing is to do nothing about anything since you can't do everything.

Im with Catamount. If you're over 10 and use a straw then you are eating like a child. Have a grown up drink like coffee or tea or water with your meal. Drive your car without a beverage, you ill survive the trip. Stop off for refreshments if you get thirsty. You look like a douchebag puckering your lips to the straw

Umm...bro...u homophobic? You know you can't catch the Big Gay from straws, right? Just keep your distance from Numbers, and you'll be ok. If the balls touch, just slap a "no homo" on it. Trust me.

Back