• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

lamb-tibs.jpg

description from some blog I found:

There was one dish that really stood out in my mind though: their signature lamb tibs ($16). Boneless leg of lamb is quickly sauteed with red onions, garlic, jalepenos, tomatoes, and rosemary, and served tableside in a sizzling pot. The lamb was tender and flavorful, and like all the other dishes, spicy as heck. But in contrast to the other meat dishes, the flavor of the meat really shined through and enhanced the dish.

lamb tibs is like the quintessential ethiopian dish. i almost never order anything else.

yo phan what's the name of the Ethiopian place we always go to that I'm pretty sure is a front for an illegitimate business.

selam on u st. it's actually eritrian, and i havent been in a while because they NEVER have lamb anymore.

Lol. That describes a lot of ethiopian restaurants in town.

this one's cray. they have like a pool hall for eritrians, but they close the door whenever white people come in. the place is great, though. this old dude is the cook/owner, and his two kids operate it. they always give you way too much food and try to give you more. love it. wish they actually had lamb. maybe i should call ahead...

I have two extra tickets to Sunday's Panthers - Redskins game. $160 total. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Question about Little Serow.....

I don't have work on Friday so I was thinking about heading down there around 4:30 to get in line. If I am in line can I request a 6:30-7 table seating (when my girlfriend would be able to join) or is it just first come first serve?

Question about Little Serow.....

I don't have work on Friday so I was thinking about heading down there around 4:30 to get in line. If I am in line can I request a 6:30-7 table seating (when my girlfriend would be able to join) or is it just first come first serve?

You can try. You aren't guaranteed any specific time, but you will be able to secure a seat. It's all based on when people are coming and going, so if you get there but say that you don't want to be in the first seating, they will call you at some point (depending on your place in line) when tables start opening up. But it could be 7:00, or it could be 8:00, so as long as you are flexible then you should be ok.

You can try. You aren't guaranteed any specific time, but you will be able to secure a seat. It's all based on when people are coming and going, so if you get there but say that you don't want to be in the first seating, they will call you at some point (depending on your place in line) when tables start opening up. But it could be 7:00, or it could be 8:00, so as long as you are flexible then you should be ok.

Yeah, we are flexible, thanks for the help. I'm really excited to try it for the first time.

It's really good. And make sure you ask for the spicy pepper sauce (most people don't know about it). It's pretty awesome.

Went to Toki undergound on Saturday. Pretty cool experience. The ramen broth is sneaky, sneaky filling. Pretty much ended my night in terms of eating, drinking, moving, thinking.

Went to Toki undergound on Saturday. Pretty cool experience. The ramen broth is sneaky, sneaky filling. Pretty much ended my night in terms of eating, drinking, moving, thinking.

My favorite DC place to eat. Great price, great food, excuse to drink at the bar for 1.5 hours before eating.

Went to a sausage making class by the Birch and Barley guy in the Living Social space on F street. Surprisingly good speakeasy type bar in the basement there. Solid evening.

Went to a sausage making class by the Birch and Barley guy in the Living Social space on F street. Surprisingly good speakeasy type bar in the basement there. Solid evening.

Birch and Barley peeps opening a Fried Chicken and Donuts shop by my office (old Yola space in south Dupont). Nom nom nom.

Birch and Barley peeps opening a Fried Chicken and Donuts shop by my office (old Yola space in south Dupont). Nom nom nom.

looking forward to that. also looking forward to trying Suna, the new tasting menu only place above Aqua al 2 in Eastern Market. hopefully it's great since it's walking distance.

Yeah they mentioned that. Means the end of fried chicken wednesdays at B&B though.

I'm hoping their place will be affordable for lunch. I was getting all excited reading about the DGS deli in the Dupont area then I read it's $15 for a reuben with no sides and on the skimpy side. fuck that I can walk to Taylor and get a full sub for $10 and get 2 meals out of it.

I'm hoping their place will be affordable for lunch. I was getting all excited reading about the DGS deli in the Dupont area then I read it's $15 for a reuben with no sides and on the skimpy side. fuck that I can walk to Taylor and get a full sub for $10 and get 2 meals out of it.

Yeah, not loving what DGS has turned out to be so far.

My favorite DC place to eat. Great price, great food, excuse to drink at the bar for 1.5 hours before eating.

Its perfect if you want to go out early on a saturday. Put your name on the list, go drink for a few hours on H street, receive text message, destroy ramen.

when you get a text how long do they give you to get there? like say you just ordered a drink and need to close your tab as well.

Back