• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chinatown DC -- Cool / inexpensive Restruants?

Old Ebbitt's oyster HH is a good deal, and pretty much the only reason to go there other than playing tourist/tourguide (which is ok from time to time). Don't know about the rest of the places.

I've had some delicious meals at Poste, but would only go there if someone else was paying.

Also, the old Thai X-ing has zero alcohol and you can't BYOB anymore (tear). The new one has a bar and BYOB (wine). Why then would anyone go to the old one?

WUT. Damn that blows.

Is the new one right next to 930 club? I saw a sign there and was confused. RIP OG Thai Xing

Tried two places for the first time yesterday. Finally hit up Daikaya for ramen (had only been for izakaya). I liked it, though I think Toki is waaaaay better.

Also hit up DBGB last ngiht for dinner. I think i's very similar to Brasserie Beck in a lot of ways. I thought the food was great and will defs be going back (possibly today for lunch because their burger looks really fucking good).

Tried two places for the first time yesterday. Finally hit up Daikaya for ramen (had only been for izakaya). I liked it, though I think Toki is waaaaay better.

Also hit up DBGB last ngiht for dinner. I think i's very similar to Brasserie Beck in a lot of ways. I thought the food was great and will defs be going back (possibly today for lunch because their burger looks really fucking good).

Nice. Report back on the burger. Was just talking to some friends about doing the whole hog dinner there in the next couple weeks.

Also just found out we're getting a Sugar Shack doughnut place a couple blocks from my house in Old Town that will have a Speakeasy attached. Dangerous.

Also just found out we're getting a Sugar Shack doughnut place a couple blocks from my house in Old Town that will have a Speakeasy attached. Dangerous.

Where in Old Town? Sounds like it will be a good addition. I am also psyched for District Taco in the old Chicken Out space.

Where in Old Town? Sounds like it will be a good addition. I am also psyched for District Taco in the old Chicken Out space.

Damn, that's what's going in there? Didn't know that, very cool.

The new stuff is going into the bottom floor retail areas of those new condo places on route 1. The Asher and I forget the other name of the one around the corner, but Bastille is moving to one of them, Lost Dog is opening in another, and Sugar Shack will be next to Lost Dog along with a small speakeasy apparently. And some random place called Mason Social is going where Esmerelda's used to be near Braddock, but there's like zero info about it anywhere other than it'll be modern american and have a bar with TV's.

Now we just need Aaron Silverman to buy the old Le Gaulois/Notting Hill space and open Rose's Luxury II, ha.

So I checked out El Camino last night. They aren't serving what will be their full menu yet but they still had some great things. The chicken and carnitas tacos were awesome, the empanaditas were good and the tostata was the fucking jam. This place is going to do EXTREMELY well.

wife is taking me out for my bday tonight but won't tell me where. since she's picking me up at my office (won't say if on foot or by car), I'm thinking it's Komi since I work around the corner.

wife is taking me out for my bday tonight but won't tell me where. since she's picking me up at my office (won't say if on foot or by car), I'm thinking it's Komi since I work around the corner.

Is it back open after the fire?

Limo to Table 21 at Volt?

Well, if it's not Komi and you end up at Rogue tonight then I will see you there

Is it back open after the fire?

I don't think it ever closed. the window was smashed but appears to be fixed, and every day around lunch their door is propped open (as it is every day), which indicates to me it's open.

Limo to Table 21 at Volt?

ha that'd be nice. it's on my list, which she keeps in her phone.

Well, if it's not Komi and you end up at Rogue tonight then I will see you there

did that for my bday last year, so doubtful, but I wouldn't complain.

Komi.

Wife made the call to get the suckling pig. Them cracklins were amazing. I think I like the goat a little more but you're splitting hairs at that point.

So I checked out the new Spanish restaurant that opened up in Bloomingdale, Costa Brava, on Friday night. The food was legit good. There were four of us and we ordered at least one of everything on the menu and there was nothing I didn't like. I was pretty skeptical about the place, but I really liked it. It is really small though, so I hope they get a decent reservation or list/text thing going.

Back