• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Codi Codi Miller-McIntyre Now a Top 100 ranked recruit

A big middle finger to those of you who were "unimpressed" by this offer. You know who you are.

Congrats to CMM and Coach Bzz/Battle/LaRue/Pope

:golfclap:Nice call Nostradamus. I wish I could have come with you on your numerous scouting trips so that I wouldn't have foolishly doubted the great [Redacted]

With the sarcasm out of the way, what recruiting service has Miller-McIntyre as top 100?

There used to be a time when Brick Oettinger and Bob Gibbons were about it for following recruiting.

Brick Oettinger, who now ranks CMM as the #9 PG in 2012 nationally per the OP, is the talent evaluator for PrepStars recruiting and they are cited as one of the recruiting services for the RSCI.

Last edited:
Great news and I hope they continue to improve once they are on campus. I was not happy about the early offers to lower star players obviously, and probably a lot of my skepticism was tied to what was happening during the season, so I'll be happy to eat my words and hope all of these guys make All-ACC recognition during their time at Wake. Take us to the Big Dance and at least Sweet Sixteen and I'll put salt and pepper on all of my posts and print them out and eat them at mid-court during halftime. No lie that's how happy I'd be!

This is very good news no matter if you are BuzzOUT! or not. I am firmly BuzzOUT! but will welcome any positive momentum for our hoops program.

I'm not breaking out my pom-poms, but I'm happy for Codi and hope he keeps impressing, and more importantly improving over the summer.

After that post, I think another quote might be in order from Brick Oettinger...."that we're convinced that Codi has been widely under-recruited and Wake has landed a 'steal' especially considering that Miller-McIntyre is just a junior."

To no one, or everyone in particular:

People really need to understand the difference between doubt and hope.

I doubt that [Redacted] is a good recruiter or coach.

I hope that [Redacted] is a good recruiter and coach.

Time will show him to be one or the other, and Wellman is giving him plenty of that.

Number 9 PG usually translates to top 50ish overall.

The start of the offseason couldn't be going better for [Redacted]. This is great news for him, for our recruits, and for the fanbase. We really need a positive offseason to lead into next year. I still believe we have some talent on our squad, and if we are bringing in some talent then we might have a chance of turning this thing around. I feel we have Bz for at least 3 years for better or for worse, and I would much prefer it to be 'for better'.

The start of the offseason couldn't be going better for [Redacted]. This is great news for him, for our recruits, and for the fanbase. We really need a positive offseason to lead into next year. I still believe we have some talent on our squad, and if we are bringing in some talent then we might have a chance of turning this thing around. I feel we have Bz for at least 3 years for better or for worse, and I would much prefer it to be 'for better'.

Glad to see you over here Wrangor

Number 9 PG usually translates to top 50ish overall.

I thought that was interesting and figured I'd look into this. Seems like it can vary a bit based on the year.

#9 pg based on scout

2010 Kendall Marshall - 29 overall
2009 Junior Cadougan - 54 overall
2008 Andrew Steele - 97 overall
2007 Chris Wright 48 overall (Teague was 8th at 46)
2006 Derrick Jasper - 60 overall

Here's the 9th ranked PG every year on RSCI. Average position was 47. 2008 looks like a bit of an outlier.

2010 - 35
2009 - 51
2008 - 86
2007 - 49
2006 - 55
2005 - 50
2004 - 36
2003 - 47
2002 - 39
2001 - 32
2000 - 33
1999 - 44
1998 - 56

I don't really follow recruiting that much...

But the RSCI is an average or composite of the most trusted people/sites, correct?

I'm assuming BO (hehehe, BO...made me laugh) is just part of that.

All I'm saying is that he is one part of a massive amount of information/opinions about CMM. I really would love for others to also praise him, but CMM getting 1 guy to say he is a top 10 PG relate at all to past top 10 RSCI PGs.

Just want to keep things balanced and not get people's opinions overly high on our incoming players. Every year we are told we have amazing players coming in...then when they don't produce certain fans attack them for not living up to their "standards."

*not about you in particular, tilt, just a general trend that always pissed me off.*

I'm assuming BO (hehehe, BO...made me laugh) is just part of that.

All I'm saying is that he is one part of a massive amount of information/opinions about CMM. I really would love for others to also praise him, but CMM getting 1 guy to say he is a top 10 PG relate at all to past top 10 RSCI PGs.

Just want to keep things balanced and not get people's opinions overly high on our incoming players. Every year we are told we have amazing players coming in...then when they don't produce certain fans attack them for not living up to their "standards."

*not about you in particular, tilt, just a general trend that always pissed me off.*

I think this is the natural inclination of fans, though, and not necessarily a bad thing. If every team had to prove itself to it's fan base things would be tough early in the season. That excitement that comes with the start of something new can go a long way.

Regardless, I think you make a good point. We should try to have as realistic opinion as possible going in. Last season shows what can happen when we don't!

If anything our fanbase has been overly negative regarding the 2012 guys.

If anything our fanbase has been overly negative regarding the 2012 guys.

I agree. After seeing Aaron and Codi at the CC, I thought that if they had good summers then they could sneak into the top 75 when it was all said and done.

Back