• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Chile is the only team that had a chance to win out of the three

Yeah, I remember see them play some international matches the prior summer, and they looked every bit the match of Argentina. No idea what happened to them.

There are also some interesting qualifiers from Africa. In the last 2-3 WCs, Ghana, Algeria and Cote D'Ivoire were far and away the strongest African countries in their WC performances, and none of the 3 made it.

Who do y'all think are the probably 1 seeds? Russia, Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Belgium, France, England and Portugal?

Yeah, I remember see them play some international matches the prior summer, and they looked every bit the match of Argentina. No idea what happened to them.

There are also some interesting qualifiers from Africa. In the last 2-3 WCs, Ghana, Algeria and Cote D'Ivoire were far and away the strongest African countries in their WC performances, and none of the 3 made it.

Who do y'all think are the probably 1 seeds? Russia, Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Belgium, France, England and Portugal?

I have no idea how the formula works since I don't care at this point but just from an eye test I'd place Spain ahead of England. Everything else looks correct. Again, no idea how FIFA is doing the seeding this year

Seeding procedure announced based on FIFA ranking

Russia
Germany
Brazil
Portugal
Argentina
Belgium
Poland
France

DOncU8jX0AAT9Rp.jpg:large

Back