• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Would be nice if Italy did not qualify.

1-0 Sweden after 1 leg.

Better yet, make him US Soccer president. He gets what Sunil and Garber don't, that 16 and 17 year olds need to be playing at the highest level.

I'd honestly be down to make his dad president. He's just as qualified as the other turds running

Italy has under 10 mins to score or they won't be going to the WC

A World Cup without Italy would be pretty insane.

some really boring knockout games

that said, credit to Sweden; survived out of group play with Netherlands and France, and knocked out Italy

So how would y'all rate the following in terms of being surprised and it being a bigger story that they didn't make it - US, Italy and Chile? I think the order would be Italy, US, Chile. (I recognize Chile is way better than us, but CONCACAF is basically set up for it to be the US, Mexico, Costa Rica and fill in the blank, which is why we're the bigger story.)

Speaking of Italy going down, I remember a couple of WCs ago when Italy didn't make it out of the 1st round. As time was about to expire, Ian Darke said think of all those Italy fans drowning their sorrows in bars all across New York and New Jersey. I guess he's not a yuge Italy fan.

Last edited:
So how would y'all rate the following in terms of being surprised and it being a bigger story that they didn't make it - US, Italy and Chile? I think the order would be Italy, US, Chile. (I recognize Chile is way better than us, but CONCACAF is basically set up for it to be the US, Mexico, Costa Rica and fill in the blank, which is why we're the bigger story.)

Speaking of Italy going down, I remember a couple of WCs ago when Italy didn't make it out of the 1st round. As time was about to expire, Ian Darke said think of all those Italy fans drowning their sorrows in bars all across New York and New Jersey. I guess he's not a yuge Italy fan.

Has to be Chile, Italy, then USA in my opinion.

Back