• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

How do you end the international careers of Hummels, Muller, and Boateng, but not Neuer, who is a good level behind Ter Stegen at this point?

Yeah, it was a pretty good match. Looks like Jurgen Klinsmann is doing commentary on RTL now.

Apparently the top 4 teams in the nations league automatically qualify for the Euro playoffs anyways.

Lots of conflicting reports on McKennies injury (see US Soccer: mild sprain vs. Schalke: ruptured tendon)

US Soccer side seems to be claiming 4-6 weeks recovery time. Hopefully that is indeed the case, most on twitter saying a ruptured tendon would require surgery and 2-3 months recovery.

Gameday bump with a depleted squad

I'm still excited! Would love to see Pulisic playing on the wing tonight, however I doubt GGG wants to change his position so early in the process. My predicted lineup for tonight:

Horvath
Lima-Miazga-Brooks-Ream
Bradley
Roldan-Pulisic
Baird-Zardes-Arriola

Subs:
Ramirez for Zardes
Morris and Lewis on at the wings
Trapp for Bradley
Gonzalez for Brooks
Lovitz for Ream
Gonzalez for Horvath

I would really like to see Lleget with Pulisic tonight.

Whoops totally forgot about Lleget. He will play at some point. I would also to see him in the left sides #10 role, with Pulisic (on the left wing) and him interchanging. Would be sweet.

I’ve made a promise to myself to never watch a friendly when we trot out Brek Shea or Paul Arriola

Back