• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

“I love Steve Forbes so damn much!”

Forbes is a better coach than Prosser was. Hearing him pulled the rookies aside and telling them that the future is now and they need to step up their game and contribute this year it's just so refreshing.

And how matter of fact he was about beating Carolina on by over 20 points.

I like Forbes more and more and of course the current record helps, but I just like listening to the man in postgame pressers. He speaks plainly and to the point. He pretty much has a photographic memory of certain points in the game that were pivotal, of stats that were key. I mean, the guy is on it and involved in a way that the average Joe fan can relate to.

I had as big a problem with [Redacted] and Manning off the court as on. Zero personality, horrible with fans and media, and had zero aptitude to generate excitement in the fan base. A couple of folks nailed it earlier, Wellman NEVER would have hired Steve Forbes. Thank God for John Currie

Forbes has multiple players executing at levels above what their history would indicate that we should expect. Dude is making players and the team much better.
I think we also have an awesome staff. Talented guys who have now worked together for a few years. Success will lead to some attrition there. Forbes’ relationships should lead to backfilling with rising talent but we should be grateful for the staff while we have them together.

Forbes is ahead of schedule and far from his peak as a coach.

that picture of Forbes in front of a rolled quad is money. Print that and send it to every recruit in the world!

I think he’s done a great job with team chemistry. I don’t really believe it’s coincidence that our players play so unselfishly, that our leading scorer also leads in assists, etc. Forbes (and Currie) have accomplished an amazing feat in a very short time frame: they have restored absolute joy to Wake basketball, for the players and the fans. Those smiles on the players’ faces when the students rushed the court were priceless. And the smile on my face? Still there the next day. In fact, I think I’ll go watch HD’s presser once more. 😁

I had as big a problem with [Redacted] and Manning off the court as on. Zero personality, horrible with fans and media, and had zero aptitude to generate excitement in the fan base. A couple of folks nailed it earlier, Wellman NEVER would have hired Steve Forbes. Thank God for John Currie

Forbes talked about this during the presser last night. He said that his philosophy, and what he tells the team, has always been that it's the teams responsibility to feed the crowd and hype them up and once you give the fans something to get hyped about everyone is feeding off of eachother's energy. Dude fucking gets it.

I think I watched Monsanto's last 3 about 20 times. The way he shot it and the way the crowd reacts to it is money.

I think I watched Monsanto's last 3 about 20 times. The way he shot it and the way the crowd reacts to it is money.

Watch BJ Mckie’s reaction on the bench after the second three. It’s hilarious

I mean how many times have you seen a wake team get a 20 point lead against a blue blood and then really tense up the last 10 minutes and hold on? This team plays with absolutely no fear they just keep coming until Forbes instructs to start milking clock. I think Forbes letting them play through situations earlier in the year probably played into him wanting them to develop this mentality.

I mean how many times have you seen a wake team get a 20 point lead against a blue blood and then really tense up the last 10 minutes and hold on? This team plays with absolutely no fear they just keep coming until Forbes instructs to start milking clock. I think Forbes letting them play through situations earlier in the year probably played into him wanting them to develop this mentality.

Pretty sure we actually kept outscoring them over the last 5-10 minutes even though the game was well in hand.

It hasn't happened since Skip was coaching our Deacs, Josh Howard's senior season.

Forbes is ahead of schedule and far from his peak as a coach.
Ha. I don't know why, but this reminded me of a number of posters making the argument that Manning had us ahead of schedule the year we went to the tournament. It felt absurd then and feels insanely absurd now. That team, if anything, was held back by Manning while it's quite obvious that Forbes makes teams better.

It’s so much nicer to talk about good teams than arguing with people trying to claim bad teams are good in order to prop up bad coaches.

The way he had to rise through the coaching ranks, not once but twice is a testament to his character. I hope, and think, his reward will be great success at Wake and he and all Wake fans will enjoy the years to come. He certainly epitomizes how dedication and never giving up eventually leads to success and the way his teams play certainly show that. Love the fact he is not of the cookie cutter buttoned up typical coach who in addition to his coachig ability has a great personality and great sense of humor.

Ha. I don't know why, but this reminded me of a number of posters making the argument that Manning had us ahead of schedule the year we went to the tournament. It felt absurd then and feels insanely absurd now. That team, if anything, was held back by Manning while it's quite obvious that Forbes makes teams better.

Exactly.

Back