• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

1/2 CFB Thread

Is Matt Millen the dumbest commentator on TV, the dumbest sounding commentator on TV, or both?

He's pretty bad at everything he does.

I think he just drafted another wide receiver with character issues.

How do you not have a safety over on Blackmon in that situation?

Stanford D was so pumped up after that 3rd down stop. A couple seconds later and OSU is in the endzone. What a ridiculous drive with Blackmon going into BEAST MODE.

SMH. They're just not the same player, imo. Blackmon is great because he has good hands and tremendous body control. Dez is dynamite though. Blackmon will never be as explosive and evasive as Dez Bryant.

Dez is the more talented of the two, but Blackmon's not nearly the head case. Just my opinion.

Gundy said Blackmon was better because of his "cardiovascular system"

How do you not have a safety over on Blackmon in that situation?

I think they did, and Blackmon stiff-armed him to the ground after the catch. That play was insane. For a brief moment, I really thought Blackmon would break another tackle or two and take it to the house.

Very impressive drive and taking advantage of the tired defense. However, scoring so quickly may come now lead to their demise.

Stanford D looked helpless. They could have used a timeout, but I think they knew like everybody else that OSU was going to score anyway.

Very impressive drive and taking advantage of the tired defense. However, scoring so quickly may come now lead to their demise.

Yea. Stanford's going to bleed them to death. OSU will continue to blitz on 1st and 2nd down with success, and then Luck will make them pay on 3rd down. Rinse, repeat, TD.

I think they did, and Blackmon stiff-armed him to the ground after the catch. That play was insane. For a brief moment, I really thought Blackmon would break another tackle or two and take it to the house.

I need to look at that again. I thought they had man coverage with 8 in the box. I thought both safeties were cheating up.

Edit: I think we were both right. They had a safety on his side, but he was playing deep.

So Berry is saying Blackmon best case: TO. More realistic case: Dwayne Bowe or Anquan Boldin in his prime.

I think State's only chance is here is an interception. Unlikely but I think they might need to take a chance or two.

Hahahahahaha. I didn't know that. Amazing.

Might have been on Dan Patrick or SVP. It was really odd. It was clearly that he wanted to say stuff about being a team player or character issues, but he went cardiovascular. Said it was amazing how many routes he could run without getting winded.

Back