• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

11/23 CBB - Maui Invitational

If you are talking about as an entire program, then no GT has not been more successful than WF... Good try though

What do you mean "entire program"? As compared to partial program?

Wake and GT actually have been pretty similar the past 30 years (the start of the Maui)... though they've have had slightly better tournament success with two FFs, 1 elite eight and 3 sweet sixteens. Wake has had 1 elite eight and 4 sweet sixteens in the same time span. GT even has more ACC tournament championships than Wake's two in the mid 90's. And when they were invited to the Maui in 2006 (the only time) they had been to the championship game 2 years prior.

It really isn't a big deal Wake hasn't been invited yet, that's all I was saying.

What do you mean "entire program"? As compared to partial program?

Wake and GT actually have been pretty similar the past 30 years (the start of the Maui)... though they've have had slightly better tournament success with two FFs, 1 elite eight and 3 sweet sixteens. Wake has had 1 elite eight and 4 sweet sixteens in the same time span. GT even has more ACC tournament championships than Wake's two in the mid 90's. And when they were invited to the Maui in 2006 (the only time) they had been to the championship game 2 years prior.

It really isn't a big deal Wake hasn't been invited yet, that's all I was saying.

Just that WF has more more tourney appearances, ACC titles, rounds of 32 appearances, and Sweet 16 appearances. GT had more one year with a flukey run to the title game that gave them a FF and a finals appearance and that is the only thing that you can say GT has on WF as far as basketball history goes. You are right that they have been similar over the last 30 years, so I though it was strange for you to say GT had a better program, when at best for GT, its a push.

Back