• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

15-15

DeaconWalker

Reaction score
What are the chances that the Deacs finish up this season with a 15-15 record and 8-10 in conference play.
I know for the #Buzzout people this would be a death sentence...but looking over the schedule I'd say it is possible.

Thoughts?

I was hoping for 9-9 in league play. Obviously, the home loss to Duke put a serious dent in that. I do think we'll win the rest of our home games, save for Miami. So we'll need two road wins to get to that. BC has got to have a let down after the Duke game and I think we can get that one. Where can we get another road win?

Just checked schedule...@BC, @FSU, @NCST. Don't see us getting 2 of 3.

I, for one, am so glad that in year 3 of [Redacted]'s tenure we are searching for a way to get to .500 overall (for just this season, mind you) as a validation of all that is right with the program. Surely, if the team can somehow find a way to get there, that is a ringing endorsement of how much the team has improved.

I hope we get there, although I see little chance of it happening. And if we get there, I hope Bz gets shown the door.

Glad to see that the record that everyone says should have gotten Skip canned is now the record we shoot for to keep a coach.

Baby steps. Look at it this way: We haven't had any players arrested lately.

Please compare the number of players arrested since April of 2010 to the number of arrests prior to that. Thanks.

I expect us to beat BC, beat GA Tech at home, lose to Miami, split the FSU/MD games, lose to NC State, then beat VT to close out the regular season.

Anything worse than that would be another disappointment in the long list of disappointments since Prosser.

It's still pure mediocrity, so why does it really matter... One more year of [Redacted] ball on the way - and it'll make or break him.

I expect us to beat BC, beat GA Tech at home, lose to Miami, split the FSU/MD games, lose to NC State, then beat VT to close out the regular season.

Anything worse than that would be another disappointment in the long list of disappointments since Prosser.

It's still pure mediocrity, so why does it really matter... One more year of [Redacted] ball on the way - and it'll make or break him.

My predictions:
L @BC, W-GT, L-MIA, L @ FSU, L-UM, L @ NCST, W - VT

of the games I have marked as losses, I believe we'll win one of @BC, @FSU, or Maryland.

After that, we tie for 9th in the ACC again, and end up playing FSU, Clemson, or Maryland in the first round of the ACC, 50% chance we win that. So my best hope for this team is 15 wins, and worst case is 13. Most likely we end up with 14 wins.

Actually, a plurality of board members expected us to win 15-16 games this year prior to the season starting. It's a testament to Mr. [Redacted]'s stunning ability to continually lower expectations that it now would be hailed as a tremendous victory were he to barely fulfill the predictions of a fanbase that was already 90% BzzOut at that time.

Beautiful use of plurality. Posrep.

Was there a similar thread on projected number of ACC wins? I am admittedly way too lazy to search on my own.

Yeah, in early November, I think I had us at about 15 wins. We have 5 winnable games remaining so would need to win 4 to get there - @BC, @FSU, MD, GT & VT. At this point, I think we'll get 3 of those - beating both Techs and 1 of the other 3.

But I'm sure this is enough progress to keep Premier Wellman sufficiently happy with the state of the program so as to reward Buzzdick with an extension. My only hope is that both are canned after next season, though I certainly don't expect it.

Just remember kids, if you lower your expectations enough you can never be disappointed with life!

Actually, a plurality of board members expected us to win 15-16 games this year prior to the season starting. It's a testament to Mr. [Redacted]'s stunning ability to continually lower expectations that it now would be hailed as a tremendous victory were he to barely fulfill the predictions of a fanbase that was already 90% BzzOut at that time.

Please post all the quotes from people who expected a .500 season and are now labeling it a tremendous victory.

You mean no players have been "arrested" like the time Bob Knight was arrested for assaulting a police officer? Or, a different type of "arrested"?

539619_559845626020_13882634_n.jpg

Back