• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

15 games left after tonight's beat down

berneses

Reaction score
Please John Currie don't let your fellow alumni down and fire this buffoon. Wellman, Manning and [Redacted] have destroyed Wake's great basketball tradition. It's time to get back on track. Go Deacs.

Does he make it back to Winston-Salem or does he just get out in Greensboro and take a flight to Kansas? Momma don't let your babies grow up to be Deacons.

I'm tired of even seeing him on the sideline. I would rather see an empty chair than see Manning there any more. The chair at least has some personality and more coaching IQ. Seriously, just the sight of Manning on the bench is disgusting.

I'm tired of even seeing him on the sideline. I would rather see an empty chair than see Manning there any more. The chair at least has some personality and more coaching IQ. Seriously, just the sight of Manning on the bench is disgusting.

clint-chair-borowitz.jpg

I doubt that Manning will be fired this year.

I doubt that Manning will be fired this year.

Your sources were wrong last March. And then in mid April , you were sure that Curry was going to fire him after this season. What has changed?

At this point, Currie needs to go to every person who approved Manning’s contract back in 2017 and tell them to chip in the cash to get out of it. MSD is clearly run by fools but at least they’re fools with enough money to get us out of this mess.

This has been a 10 year bad dream all caused by the prior athletics director. Make him pay out of his retirement checks.

That 18 mill buyout?

100% true.

I didn’t believe it (believed there was a buyout, but not that much) until a few hours ago.

After DM’s third season, WeLLman thought Manning had righted the ship and liked the presumed trajectory of the program. He was worried that bigger and better programs would come calling so he worked Manning’s contract to include repayment clause, so if he left Wake before the end of the contract, he would owe the school a pretty hefty chunk of change (I don’t know that figure) but Manning’s agent wouldn’t let him sign the agreement without a lucrative buyout for the big guy. His manager (whoever he is) is very, very good (I was told). He was able to negotiate the 18 mill buyout because WeLLman was convinced Danny was “the man” and thought this was a sure thing.

I was told “no one in the AD ever imagined this would turn out like it has”. Everyone in the AD likes Manning, especially WeLLman. Recruits like him, their parents like him. But the big time, 4 and 5 star kids don’t want to play for him because we suck.

Did WeLLman retire because of the contract extension and the buyout? While no one in the AD has said that out loud, it is certainly “known”. He tanked the men’s basketball program with back-to-back bad hires and made a deal so bad that Wake can’t get rid of one.

The reason Manning is here this season? Wake simply could not afford the buyout.

The good news? The buyout decreases significantly at the end of the season. An amount wasn’t given, but I was told it’s more affordable.

Oh, and the reason the 18 mill figure has been floated around so much?

Manning tells people, especially parents of recruits who question program stability.

Back