• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#16 NCSU at #12 Wake, 11/13 - 7:30p ACCN

Notre Dame - Virginia gets the prime time ABC slot

Have to believe 9-0 WF is on ABC

That woulda been annoying as hell if they picked that game over ours if we were unbeaten. Also woulda been ironic since when they coulda come for BC-Wake in '06 they also went to an (even more random) A&M game.

Though FWIW I think they woulda come (and we'd be on ABC primetime) had we won

Is Wake really favored by 3 as someone said above? If so, I may vomit and then bet the mortgage on the Pack, assuming we still have the same DC who isn’t qualified to coach pop Warner.

5dimes had us -3 before today.

I wouldn't think that would change much TBH, obviously our game played out to oddsmakers' expectations. Maybe State gets a slight bump from their FSU win

need the students to come like they did for Duke (4,500 strong) and stay the whole game. The students have been much better this year, can they take the team over the top in the last home game of the year?

Defense has to play angry without dumb penalties. If so, we win.

Defense has to play angry without dumb penalties. If so, we win.

That unsportsmanlike that turned a 3rd and 14 into a 1st down for UNC was a killer. Not saying they wouldn't have been capable of picking up a 3rd and 14 against our efense (not a typo), but the odds would have been in our favor.

That unsportsmanlike that turned a 3rd and 14 into a 1st down for UNC was a killer. Not saying they wouldn't have been capable of picking up a 3rd and 14 against our efense (not a typo), but the odds would have been in our favor.

Without the penalty on CBS’s first TD that got called back, we likely win.

Without the penalty on CBS’s first TD that got called back, we likely win.

It basically boils down to this, our lack of defense demands that we have to make few mistakes on offense and commit few penalties against teams that can score. Yesterday we had too many penalties on both sides of the ball and 2 bad interceptions. Until our defense improves, hopefully next year, that is what we are.

We averaged 5 penalties per game for 45 yards before yesterday. In Chapel Hill we committed 11 accepted penalties for 119 yards, plus a penalty that offset a UNC penalty.

Our defense has proven that basically any team can stick with us.

Notre Dame - Virginia gets the prime time ABC slot

Have to believe 9-0 WF is on ABC

Not sure of game time slot had Wake beat UNC Saturday (could have seen it as 3:30 or an 8:00) - however, Gameday was coming to Winston with a Wake win vs. UNC (from what I heard it sounded like State-FSU result did not matter).

Last edited:
#19 NCSU at #9 Wake, 11/13 - 7:30p ACCN

Am I foolish to think our D will look better against a non-running threat QB? Can we hold them under 35/can we continue our streak of 35+ points? Miami hung 31 on them a few weeks ago (the most they’ve given up), and Van Dyke got loose for 25/33, 325 yards, 4 TDs. I think if we cross that 35 point threshold again, we win.

Vegas has the o/u set at 66.5, Wake -2.5, so they are looking at a 34.5-32 score.

Last edited:
Back