• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

The Democrats really fucking suck.

Evidence of dems (or progressives) not falling in line, and this is where we end up. I'm happy to support a party that is more progressive and less centrist if that is what it will take, but I'm not convinced that is the way to go (I'll get out and vote either way).

Dems need a charismatic (enough) leader from the south who can talk believably about jobs, personal responsibility, and government necessity and efficiency while also supporting most of the rest of the progressive platform.

We need John Hoynes

Both of those would be good for the Dems' chances in 2018.

Well, now we have about four months to argue amongst ourselves.

It is interesting that SC 5 ended up being closer than GA 6. The lack of national attention may have helped? That is a good thing going into 2018 since not every election can be a big national story, but going against incumbents is going to be harder than a race with two newcomers.

I'm biased, but Ralph Norman burnt a lot of bridges during and after the Republican primary in SC-5, and burnt through a lot of money in that phase. Mailings and commercials were much less frequent over the last month

Evidence of dems (or progressives) not falling in line, and this is where we end up. I'm happy to support a party that is more progressive and less centrist if that is what it will take, but I'm not convinced that is the way to go (I'll get out and vote either way).

There are way more Democratic voters that aren't voting than Republican ones. I don't think there's this huge swath of Repub voters that are suddenly going to show at the polls if the Dems move more to the left.

As we're seeing with the Repubs, it takes a lot for traditional voters to not vote for their party. What you need to do is enthuse others to get out and vote for your cause. Milquetoast campaigns aren't the way forward

A great day for President Trump and a great day for America....and another downer for the Hollywood crowd and the Liberal Elitists.

Yep.

White conservatives in the south. For them, nothing matters more than saying FU to outsiders a tellin' us a whut t' do. Except maybe racism. But that for many is just below the surface of what they'll admit to theyselfs or anyone else.

For the neg repper...The South won the Civil War: White men, racial resentment, and how the Bitter Minority came to rule us all

Good ad from a Dem running for Paul Ryan's seat, Randy Bryce, a local ironworker.

yeah but nancy pelosi california hippy dems

Look, Pelosi isn't helping. I think it's a long shot to take back the house in 2018, but possible, especially if there is a downturn. But in blue leaning districts, it's now obvious that Pubs are running more against her than the local Dem candidate. I'm not saying the Dems will get the house back in 2018 or 2020 with new leadership, but it would certainly help.

I'm not sure it's a lesson per se. We just need more working class folks running for office.

You think the rubes are self aware enough that when trump says he doesn't want poor people in his cabinet he's not talking poor like the rubes think but poor like work in a factory and live in the middle of no where.

I'm not sure it's a lesson per se. We just need more working class folks running for office.

Not exactly easy for working-class folks to drop everything and (afford to) do that

Back