• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'17 Specials & '18 Midterms Thread

17 Republican led districts went for Hillary. Not sure if the same 17 are part of this switch, but that's interesting.

birdman, are the Alabama Dems motivated to show up next month to try to do the impossible?

Yes, but there aren’t many of us. We need reasonable pubs to show up for Jones on behalf of sanity and civility.

Yes, but there aren’t many of us. We need reasonable pubs to show up for Jones on behalf of sanity and civility.

Just to exemplify, Doug Jones did a fund raiser in my town two weeks ago and raised over $10k in about 2 hours, that is big money for a Dem in east Alabama. Dems here are motivated.

It’s only been a year and we were told here that voters overwhelming reject anything democrat.

Just to exemplify, Doug Jones did a fund raiser in my town two weeks ago and raised over $10k in about 2 hours, that is big money for a Dem in east Alabama. Dems here are motivated.

I'm guessing $10K can buy a lot in east Alabama. Just make sure you all are spending on GOTV in urban areas.

I'm guessing $10K can buy a lot in east Alabama. Just make sure you all are spending on GOTV in urban areas.

Yes, but also get out the vote in the majority black towns in central Alabama like Selma, Tuskegee, Demopolis, etc. There are probably 20,000 Dem votes to get in those towns, it’s just a matter of getting people to the polls.

Northam won the 18-29 year old vote by 39 percent. Compared to McAuliffe winning by 5 percent in the same demographic last gubernatorial election

I'm looking forward to the spin that will be put on these wins by these uppity class-warfare lip-service Dems

One swing state does not a revolution make. Plenty of time for the dems to fuck things up between now and next year.

Interesting night. In lil' ol' Greensboro, the two most conservative city council members were tossed out and replaced with very liberal opponents. One of them, Tony Wilkins, was just kind of a grumpy Fox News conservative who voted "no" on everything - his district is the most conservative in Greensboro but he lost convincingly to a Democrat who has never been in politics before. The other (Mike Barber) was a well liked moderate Republican type who was a dealmaker to get things done on council. He got beat by the very liberal director of the local homeless shelter who is a social justice warrior type. I guess we're just a small part of the "blue wave".

One swing state does not a revolution make. Plenty of time for the dems to fuck things up between now and next year.

Dems sure as hell tried to fuck things up in the last few days.

Interesting night. In lil' ol' Greensboro, the two most conservative city council members were tossed out and replaced with very liberal opponents. One of them, Tony Wilkins, was just kind of a grumpy Fox News conservative who voted "no" on everything - his district is the most conservative in Greensboro but he lost convincingly to a Democrat who has never been in politics before. The other (Mike Barber) was a well liked moderate Republican type who was a dealmaker to get things done on council. He got beat by the very liberal director of the local homeless shelter who is a social justice warrior type. I guess we're just a small part of the "blue wave".

Also, the switch from 2 to 4 year terms preserves a full on liberal board (8 of the 9 members are now women) long enough for some significant challenges to be taken on.

Back