• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'19 Special & '20 Congressional Election Thread

Collins, Gardner and McSally are likely to lose. That leaves a need for two more. Could the Dems win one of three between GA &NC? This would make a tie in the Senate with a Dem VP.

If I were Tom Perez, I'd have every Dem crawling across glass to Montana to get Steven Bullock to run. If Bullock runs, he wins.

Maybe Bloomberg's billion could help turn SC, KY, IA or KS.

Another situation is Bloomberg's spends could make Trump blow his cork and cause a landslide loss.

"Moe Davis took home 47% of the vote in the Democratic primary, with Gina Collias coming in a distant second at 23%. With new boundaries that include all of Asheville and Buncombe County for the 11th District in this election, Democrats feel better about winning the seat. Over 111-thousand votes were cast in the Democratic primary in the 11th, as opposed to just over 90-thousand GOP votes."

https://www.bpr.org/post/wnc-results-moe-davis-wins-dem-nod-while-gop-goes-runoff-nc11#stream/0

"Moe Davis took home 47% of the vote in the Democratic primary, with Gina Collias coming in a distant second at 23%. With new boundaries that include all of Asheville and Buncombe County for the 11th District in this election, Democrats feel better about winning the seat. Over 111-thousand votes were cast in the Democratic primary in the 11th, as opposed to just over 90-thousand GOP votes."

https://www.bpr.org/post/wnc-results-moe-davis-wins-dem-nod-while-gop-goes-runoff-nc11#stream/0

Nice. I was still pretty negative on winning the district even with AVL now included but this gives me hope.

Jeff Sessions in a runoff vs. Tommy Tuberville for the Alabama GOP Senate nomination on March 31.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...ff-alabama-gop-senate-race-roy-moore-n1148956

Pretty close race. 32.5 to 30.8 with 71% in.

I think Jones has a better shot against Tuberville because the Bama - Auburn rivalry runs deep. Unfortunately Lee county, where Auburn is, was the largest trump to jones flip in the state. Trump won something like 65-35 in 2016 and jones won with something like 65-35 in 2018. Jones won’t get that kind of support from the eastern part of the state this time.

Collins, Gardner and McSally are likely to lose. That leaves a need for two more. Could the Dems win one of three between GA &NC? This would make a tie in the Senate with a Dem VP.

If I were Tom Perez, I'd have every Dem crawling across glass to Montana to get Steven Bullock to run. If Bullock runs, he wins.

Maybe Bloomberg's billion could help turn SC, KY, IA or KS.

Another situation is Bloomberg's spends could make Trump blow his cork and cause a landslide loss.

NC is a possibility. The most recent poll I saw had Cunningham 8 points up over Tillis.

Jeff Sessions in a runoff vs. Tommy Tuberville for the Alabama GOP Senate nomination on March 31.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...ff-alabama-gop-senate-race-roy-moore-n1148956

Pretty close race. 32.5 to 30.8 with 71% in.

I know we're all playing 8D chess these days, but it was never a good luck for Dems to root for being a pedophile on the ballot in hopes to win a seat more easily. Hoping it's Tuberville because he's an SEC football coach, which means someone might dig up a scandal, and if that cheating resulted in him defeating the Tide, that might bother some Alabamans more than Moore.

Tuberville went 7-3 against Alabama with a 6-game winning streak. He beat Alabama in Saban's first year (2007) and got clobbered 36-0 the next, which was his last game (5-7, 2-6 in SEC, lost to Vandy, no bowl).

Looks like Cuellar won. Have there been any AOC-style progressives primarying incumbents?

The caveat is there was no top of the ticket to drive turnout, but here are the current vote totals for senate in NC last night.

D - 748,663
R - 464,935

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...s-north-carolina-senate-primary-election.html

IMO, Cunningham has a great chance to beat Tillis. Tillis barely beat Kay Hagan, a weak Democratic candidate, in 2014, in spite of it being a great year for Republicans nationally. I think he beat Hagan by only something like 1.5%. Cunningham is a military vet, which should play well, and his ads have been impressive. It will be a tough race, but I've read that the RNC worries that Tillis is vulnerable to Cunningham, which is why some shadowy right-wing group helped fund the ad campaign of his Dem opponent in the primary.

Marie Newman is running against Dan Lipinski again. In 2018 she lost by a thin margin similar to Cisneros this year. Those early primaries are tough. (And both are open primaries.)

Kay Granger won by 16 pts vs her more Trumpy challenger. (Trump endorsed Granger, though.)

So, uh, this is the GOP candidate for Lt. Governor.

mark-robinson.jpg

Last edited:
Back