• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

'19 Special & '20 Congressional Election Thread

So, uh, this is the GOP candidate for Lt. Governor.

mark-robinson.jpg

Couldn't he have at least pretended there was liquid in that mug?

The caveat is there was no top of the ticket to drive turnout, but here are the current vote totals for senate in NC last night.

D - 748,663
R - 464,935

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...s-north-carolina-senate-primary-election.html
m
Those numbers are only 61% of the total votes cast. See the attached link for 100% of the total votes cast. Using the 100% numbers, if you look at the total Dem to total Rep votes the Dems have a very large lead (1.3 million to 800k on the presidential vs 1.25 million to 775k on the senate) of approximately a half million votes. Obviously, a lot of variables to factor in as we move to November - how many Dems will flip to Rep if their guy didn't win, how many folks sat out this round but will vote in Nov, who wins Dem nomination, etc. But starting with approximately 500k advantage certainly helps Biden and Cunningham.

https://www.wfmynews2.com/elections

Some of it could have to do with Iowa being ground zero for everything Dem over that period.

Tell me about Cal Cunningham. Does he have a good chance against Tillis?

one thing's for sure, we'll have an alliterative senator in NC for at least the next 6 years

Tell me about Cal Cunningham. Does he have a good chance against Tillis?

Tillis seems like an empty suit Trump rubber stamper. Of course you could say that about almost all GOP senators these days but I have no idea what the guy actually stands for other than what senate leadership permits him to say. So I think as Trump goes in NC, so goes Tillis.

Tillis seems like an empty suit Trump rubber stamper. Of course you could say that about almost all GOP senators these days but I have no idea what the guy actually stands for other than what senate leadership permits him to say. So I think as Trump goes in NC, so goes Tillis.

probably, but Trump did win in '16 with Cooper getting the win as well. though maybe that was just with how much McCrory fucked up with HB2.

Here’s the funny thing about Tillis and all the rest of those sycophantic assholes, he hated trump originally. My parents are big time MAGA cultists. They were volunteering for the their local gop and it was either during the primary or shortly after in 2016. Tillis stopped by the office and was shit talking trump about how he was just a figurehead and he would fall in line, etc. So my mom hates Tillis, and then of course Tillis has spent the last 4 years shucking and jiving for trump with all his might.

That always reminded me of how jhmd insisted for months that President donald trump wasn’t the leader of the GOP.

Tillis Op Ed 2/25/2019: I support Trump’s vision on border security. But I would vote against the emergency.

3/5/2019: Tillis plans to vote against national emergency. Has he opened path for a challenger?

3/14/2019: Tillis reverses course, votes to support Trump on national emergency declaration

He tried having a tiny bit of a spine once, it didn't last very long.

Back