• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

1st Downs???

i feel like a broken record but i was 98% sure that TDs count as first downs. they do in the NFL...

it was a first. For further proof, Stan Cotten just reported it as such on the postgame show.

Makes sense... you have to run past the first down marker on your way to the endzone.

Makes sense... you have to run past the first down marker on your way to the endzone.

yeah but it counts on a first and goal too. it's really just a semantics thing.

also fairly certain that defensive touchdowns do not count. (makes sense)

hmm interesting so it does only count if there's a first down on the field

(first and goal example doesn't count).

that DOES make sense

How about if the ref forgets to do the hand motion calling the chains forward? No first down?

Or what if a series starts as first and goal from the 15 (because of a penalty during the previous first-down-gaining play). Looks like it would be a first down on a TD.

hmm interesting so it does only count if there's a first down on the field

(first and goal example doesn't count).

that DOES make sense

Right. I thought that was what you meant. Not that any touchdown is a first down.

Or what if a series starts as first and goal from the 15 (because of a penalty during the previous first-down-gaining play). Looks like it would be a first down on a TD.

No. If it's goal to go, you can't get a first down.

Back