• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#2 Recruit Jabari Parker chooses Duke

6'8 SF
Son of pro bballer Sonny Parker
a black Mormon from Chicago
Father thought it was down to Duke and Michigan State

@ESPNChiPowers
The guy sitting next to me at Simeon introduced himself as Parker's Wikipedia biographer. Didn't know there was such a position.

Good Lord.

Another 1 or 2 year and done player for Dook!
Dook never takes quick exit recruits!?!?!?.........oh that's right K adapted to the new era.....Wake is better than that.

Dook never takes quick exit recruits!?!?!?.........oh that's right K adapted to the new era.....Wake is better than that.

Duke has been ranked in the top 10 of the poll 100 consecutive weeks. The last time Duke was not ranked in the top 10 was Nov. 19, 2007.

Don't worry guys. We have a master plan at work. I think.

Andrew Wiggins might be better than anyone playing college basketball right now.

Too bad he won't receive any "culture training" while at Duke.

I remember pulling against Duke when they were in the mix for good kids bc I wanted Wake to be able to beat them.

I no longer care bc we have no shot.

Duke has been ranked in the top 10 of the poll 100 consecutive weeks. The last time Duke was not ranked in the top 10 was Nov. 19, 2007.

That is an amazing stat. Plenty of good teams slipped out of the Top 10 for a week or two.

Well maybe it's not that amazing considering how far the ACC as fallen in the last few years.

I remember pulling against Duke when they were in the mix for good kids bc I wanted Wake to be able to beat them.

I no longer care bc we have no shot.

Was about to say the same thing. I'm now more upset if Miami/BC/VT gets a good recruit. FML.

Black Mormons make me laugh. Do they not even understand their own religion's history?

After Krzyzewski left Parker's house on Tuesday, Jabari and Christian had a heart-to-heart. Christian then quoted a verse from Matthew 7:16: "By their fruits ye shall know them." Jabari paused and felt at peace with his decision when Christian said, "Coach K can show you the fruit."

We're really gonna be irrelevant for a long while....just falling further behind.

No wonder he chose Duke. They actually win there. A lot.

Actually, after the early departures of Magette, Avery et,.al Coach K went for the long range teams filled with big strong veterans...last year he fell for the temptation of Irving and when the injury prone star went down and returned late season, the Duke offense was a cacaphony of "who's in charge?" Irving's late season comeback severely affected the chemistry those veterans had going. I guess he had little choice but to play Irving.

Back