• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#2 Recruit Jabari Parker chooses Duke

Some of you need to read up on Parker. He is not your typical one and done pampered ass hole high school athlete.

That being said...i now hate him.

BYU was in the running with Duke/Michigan State, of course because his Morman faith, but also due to something else. Parker developed a good relationship with assistant Mark Pope.....hmmmm, an assistant at Wake for 10 months that didn't fill the correct culture either (I guess).
On Pope, Parker said:
""Pope is one of my favorite coaches in the country," Jabari said. "He was the reason I was interested in BYU."

Another 1 or 2 year and done player for Dook!
Dook never takes quick exit recruits!?!?!?.........oh that's right K adapted to the new era.....Wake is better than that.

We adapted with CP3, Teague, JJ & Aminu. No we didn't and still haven't but we better figure it out quick.

Did anyone ever really doubt that he would pick Duke? I certainly didn't. It was apparent all along that he was going through the motions with BYU to make himself look like a good guy. But I fully expected all along for him to pick Duke. They all do.

After Krzyzewski left Parker's house on Tuesday, Jabari and Christian had a heart-to-heart. Christian then quoted a verse from Matthew 7:16: "By their fruits ye shall know them." Jabari paused and felt at peace with his decision when Christian said, "Coach K can show you the fruit."

Very good.

Actually, after the early departures of Magette, Avery et,.al Coach K went for the long range teams filled with big strong veterans...last year he fell for the temptation of Irving and when the injury prone star went down and returned late season, the Duke offense was a cacaphony of "who's in charge?" Irving's late season comeback severely affected the chemistry those veterans had going. I guess he had little choice but to play Irving.

You realize that neither Irving's injury nor the lack of chemistry had anything to do with signing a likely one and done, right?

You realize that neither Irving's injury nor the lack of chemistry had anything to do with signing a likely one and done, right?

No, I realized that his post intimated that K had "successfully adapted" to the new philosophy. Number 1, it was not a new philosophy and (2) it did not produce the success the poster implied it had. Kyrie Irving's time at Duke was a clusterfuck for that team as a whole.

Try again.

K brings in the best players in the nation that will play in his system. Whether they stay 1 year or 4 doesn't matter, he can just bring in more guys. That should be WFU's plan...

Back