• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2007 Orange Bowl

haha we did actually drive, there was awful weather and traffic, but that's all i really remember

oh and we stayed in the america's best value inn a good ways out of the city and it was the worst hotel i've ever stayed in by a lot

How long was the drive from Winston to Jacksonville? Any inclement weather along the way?

we did it in like 6ish hours. It was amazing to me that you could get to FL that quickly esp since I grew up on the other end of the Panhandle and it took me like 11 hours to get to WS.

haha we did actually drive, there was awful weather and traffic, but that's all i really remember

oh and we stayed in the america's best value inn a good ways out of the city and it was the worst hotel i've ever stayed in by a lot

we stayed in like a Red Roof Inn or something south of Jville and it was cheap and clean which is pretty much all we needed. We got in Fri night, threw down our bags, went to the Landing. Came home, slept, got up and tailgated then left immediately after the game. We had mimosas at the tailgate and it felt good to chug the OJ in celebration after the game.

similar to wakephan09's story of playing football at the orange bowl tailgate, we had a pretty sweet game of soccer in the rain at the ACCCG tailgate

similar to wakephan09's story of playing football at the orange bowl tailgate, we had a pretty sweet game of soccer in the rain at the ACCCG tailgate

Were you with us at the ACCCG? We had a big pick up football game outside of the ACC fan tent -- like ten people at least. I remember DF2009, Cookout, their dad, my dad. I know WaketheUniverse was with the student group and couldn't cross the fence to hang with us.

Were you with us at the ACCCG? We had a big pick up football game outside of the ACC fan tent -- like ten people at least. I remember DF2009, Cookout, their dad, my dad. I know WaketheUniverse was with the student group and couldn't cross the fence to hang with us.

yeah man! we played touch football for a long time and a pickup game of soccer for a while too

Hm, I remember the touch football going on for a long time, but can not for the life of me recall playing a pickup soccer game at the ACCCG. Super fun day either way.

small sided game with shirts for cones in the rain - the memory is super vivid for me

Yeah, I don't remember the soccer at all, but that certainly doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Sucks that the ACCCG and Orange Bowl were both saturated with rain, but both some of the best memories of college.

The OB tailgate... I swung by briefly. I may have brought Spackler with me but can't remember. He may have wanted to avoid all you assholes. I didn't mingle much. Said hi to a couple folks and ended up talking to HurricanDeac for a while before I bailed.

The night before we all got so fucked up and our group of 3 ended up all separated somehow. One walked back from South Beach (At least I think we were there. Can't really remember. It would've been a long walk), Spackler passed out on the sidewalk and people were tossing spare change at him like he was a bum, and I managed to hail a cab and have him take me to about 4 different hotels before I recognized my own.

True story. I vaguely remember you getting kicked out of some dive bar for being pissed off that OU lost their bowl game.

True story. I vaguely remember you getting kicked out of some dive bar for being pissed off that OU lost their bowl game.

Yeah, and then some black dude from Boise State asked a white cheerleader to marry him! WTF was that all about?

How long was the drive from Winston to Jacksonville? Any inclement weather along the way?

We did it in about 7 hours. On the drive home we saw a horrific wreck.

5 years from now RJ will claim I said we drove 600-700 miles in 3.5 hours.

I was long gone by then., but when I woke up the next day still drunk as a skunk, the one thing I remember is just being generally angry and embarrassed about the game while not remembering many details of it. That process has been repeated many years before and since under Stoops.

I remember watching the second half and OT of that game in some Irish pub on South Beach and our group thinking if Boise State can shock the world we sure as hell can

I remember watching the second half and OT of that game in some Irish pub on South Beach and our group thinking if Boise State can shock the world we sure as hell can

Milhouse, Dirk and I watched it at Club Deuce - someone with local knowledge had posted a list of good bars to go to, and it was right on point. Great bar.

That's where Timdunk and I were on New Years Eve...I think we killed off their Jim Beam supply that night.

Back