• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 NASCAR Season Long Thread

According to Robin Pemberton, as the field was coming out of turn 2, she had already moved down to the apron and was out of the racing groove. She may have been past the entrance to pit road, but I'm pretty sure she wasnt. She stayed on the track rather than head down pit road like she should have. She'd been told by her spotter that the white flag was out, and she wanted to try and limp to the finish. In doing so, she dropped a ton of oil in the bottom groove in 4. Robin says the Nascar spotter in 4 couldnt tell it was oil (sounds a lot like Watkins Glen) so they let them race it out. IMO, they just wanted to see them race to the finish, and didnt want it to end under caution, even though it should have.

She would have gotten credit for the lap had she crossed the start finish line on pit road...

I know, which is why her actions make absolutely zero sense. It didnt look like she had a lot of damage, so maybe she thought she could get back up to speed and finish. I'm amazed she was dropping fluid like that.

Gordon fined $100k and docked 25 driver and owner points. Not parked though.

Brian Pattie fined $25k. Nothing done to Bowyer.

BK fined $25k, not for his comments, but for having his cell phone in the car and tweeting during the red flag.

Also probation until Dec 31 for Gordon. So one race. Unless he bitches and wrecks someone at the awards banquet. NASCAR is toothless unless you're some no-name driving under the influence of ritalin.

[video=youtube;_T8Tq-NPV74]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_T8Tq-NPV74#![/video]

He is a shi&&y basketball player, but that son of a gun can sure drive a car. I was glad to see him win the title this year instead of Johnson.

For the locals in the Winston-Salem area, the Martinsville Speedway is putting on an event next Saturday (December 8) where you can drive your own car on the track for a $10 donation to buy toys for needy children. For $25 you can ride shotgun in a Cup car.

http://www.visitmartinsville.com/index.cfm/go/blog.details/id/418

I plan on checking this out.

My Dad, son and I went to this event at Martinsville Speedway yesterday. http://www.martinsvillebulletin.com/article.cfm?ID=35828 We had an awesome time.

For $10.00, I got to drive my car behind a pacecar on the track. We only got up to 65 mph, but even at that speed the straightaways go by fast and you really feel some G's on the turns.

I also got to ride in shotgun in a Sprint Cup car for 5 laps at about 90-95 mph. Pretty awesome.

Here is a picture of my son that appeared today in the Martinsville Bulletin.

33jsrix.jpg

I was there. It was fun.

Cool. We enjoyed ourselves immensely as well.

One guy in a Chevy Supersport painted bondo gray must have dropped $60 to drive on the track as he was on it about 6 different times. He would lay back from the cars in front of him so that he could wind it up all the way on the straightaway. Somebody brought an old Volkswagen Beetle on the track that couldn't seem to go more than 35 mph. Definitely not Herbie the Love Bug. The people behind him must have been pissed.

The dude in the SS went out 9 times... the guys in the infield counted.

Did you see the old truck break a rear axle and spin out twice?

We left at about 1:00 p.m. after I had my turn riding in Clay Campbell's racecar. The truck spinning out must have happened after we left. Did they have to bring a towtruck onto the track to haul the truck away?

The guy in the SS must have had several more turns after we left.

Yeah, the old truck broke the axle probably around 1:30-2:00. They brought a floor jack onto the track and jacked the rear of the old truck up and then pushed it down onto the pit entrance where it sat.

I was talking in the infield yesterday with a Wake grad named Bill Foster from Roanoke, VA. He told me that he graduated with Billy Packer and Len Chappell. Very nice guy. He mentioned that he had brought his old truck to drive on the track. I hope that it wasn't him.

Back