• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 NASCAR Season Long Thread

Why wouldn't you sit on the backstetch? I would think the racing would be good there.

I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain that you can't see the Start/Finish line from anywhere on the backstretch...maybe on the very top rows but I'm not even sure about there.

Not sure Daytona is even selling backstretch tickets anymore.

Race was boring except for the G W C finish...but that was one hell of a finish. Damn restrictor plates

I've started DVRing the races and watching the first 10 laps and the last 20. Its a much more efficient way to watch the races. Speed through the rest of it at 300x and play it for the cautions. I can watch most of them in 30 min or less.

Apparently Jr had his first concussion the end of August in that testing wreck at Kansas but didnt seek medical help because he was afraid he'd be taken out of the chase. The less violent wreck at 'dega aggravated it.

Also, AJ Almendinger will drive the Phoenix racing #51 this weekend. That makes two former Penske drivers from the same car to drive the same car for Phoenix in succession.

Amazingly, Jimmy Johnson pulled a top ten out of his ass yesterday after hitting the wall. I kept yelling to my wife for him to go behind the damned wall. I've got to hand it to him and his team for salvaging what they could. The look on his face afterwards when he looked at his rear end was priceless.

Good win for Matty Ice, but I'd have loved to see Kasey do something with him if not for the miscue on pit road. Overall one of the more exciting mile and a half races. Once the track gets some seasoning in it, I doubt we'll see as many cautions.

I hate Johnson won, but it was nice seeing the guy wearing the Wake Forest sweatshirt on the right side of all the victory lane photos.

Martinsville is a great track and lots of fun. I made both Martinsville races this year and enjoyed both of them immensely.

I'm planning to go to Darlington next year, and have never been to that track before. Of those of you who have been , what seat location would you recommend?

Back