• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 NASCAR Season Long Thread

Sadly, a couple people were struck by lightning at the Pocono Race yesterday by the massive severe storm that came through the area. I hate to see races called for weather, but it was the correct decision.

I came across a pretty good article this morning from the Fayetteville Observer on Bowman Gray Stadium.

Two weeks from now we'll be on the way to Bristol. I talked to my buddy who is a Nascar official the other night, and he's going to swing us all access passes for the week. I'm pretty stoked. I've never been in the infield at a Cup race before.

Hilarious watching the fans behind the guardrail jump up and down in celebration when Busch spun.

did they interview busch yet? im sure he will have some choice words

Amazing finish. Congrats to Marcos. They showed Kyle already wearing street clothes with a ton of reporters following him but not giving them the time of day.

That was one of the craziest finishes ive ever seen. Im not normally a fan of road courses, but that was some great racing at the end.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I can't stand road courses either but that finish was awesome. Probably most exciting last lap I've seen in a long time.

Just said on Speed that Kyle left the track without speaking to anyone because "he had nothing good to say". Hes pissed at Brad, and Nascar for not throwing the yellow. Hes rightfully pissed, that win would have locked him in as a wildcard.

Pemberton also said his officials couldnt see the oil, so they didnt throw the caution, but that makes sense because multiple drivers also said they couldnt see the oil, but only feel it.

the tv announcers thought kyle was sliding around as he was almost out of fuel

Kyle got beat. He drove through the same oil slick as everyone else. Get over it.

Nascar had to have known there was oil on the track long before the checkered flag was thrown but they didn't want to lose out on the excitement of the finish. On the last lap, the always try to avoid throwing the yellow if possible.

A good point was brought up yesterday post race. The earliest indication that there was potentially oil on the track was when Busch was in the short chute between turns 6 and 7. As he was approaching Junior to overtake him, he was all over the place, but everyone thought he was either out of fuel or something had gone awry with his car. Had they thrown the yellow then, it'd have taken at minimum 5-7 laps to clean the entire track and set up for a Green-White-Checkered. A good number of drivers would have either had to come in and pit or run out of fuel trying to stretch it, drastically changing the outcome of the race. Had they thrown the yellow after he'd taken the white, the field would have been frozen and the fans upset about the ending. Since the oil wasn't visible by the track officials or the drivers it'd gone against precedent to throw the yellow just because the drivers were complaining about it. Instead they let the best drivers in the world compete in what was one of the better finishes in NASCAR history, and the fans erupted in praise. Some of the drivers might not be happy with the call, but that finish has brought a ton of enthusiasm back into the sport when they really needed it.

Back