• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 NASCAR Season Long Thread

NEWS: AJ Allmendinger has failed a random drug test by NASCAR. Sam Hornish will drive the No. 22 Dodge tonight at Daytona.

NASCAR might as well just run 36 shootouts a year.

And as I type, big wreck involving Kurt Busch. :))))))

Also worth noting that there is NOTHING happening on this #nascar that tnt is shoving down our throqts sideways. The NASCAR self-promotion machine is probably the most annoying thing about NASCAR.

Wonder what the drug was? Twitter was pretty amusing last night watching all the tweets from Shana Mayfield and how he's probably "innocent" like Jeremy. She's still defending her man hard an insisting he never did anything wrong.

Take it for what it's worth, but I saw a mention on FB last night from an opposing team crewman who suggested it was coke. It was taken down shortly thereafter. IMO, that would be way too obvious of a drug, so it's got to be something else.

I thought Coke was out of your system within a day? Wouldn't that be hard as hell to detect?

I thought Coke was out of your system within a day? Wouldn't that be hard as hell to detect?

Yea he would have had to have done it within 24 hours unless they used DNA tests or other expensive testing.

I've always been told that traces of coke would stay in your bloodstream for up to 3 days, but stays in your spinal fluid for much longer. The way they referred to it, to me it sounded just like a blood test. It was a random one, drawn at Kentucky. I wonder how often drivers are randomly tested like that?

Do drivers get an edge with certain drugs like speed or other amphetamines? Otherwise, the random drug testing seems a little weird, though I understand it is part of basically all sports now.

Do drivers get an edge with certain drugs like speed or other amphetamines? Otherwise, the random drug testing seems a little weird, though I understand it is part of basically all sports now.

I would hope/imagine that NASCAR is out to detect different drugs than MLB or the NFL. Things that might have an adverse effect on reaction time etc that would put drivers in danger.

TNT's coverage of today's race at Loudon was absolute garbage. Without exaggeration, for every minute they actually covered the race, they spent a minute showing commercials. They literally went to commercial about every 10 laps. I understand they need to pay the bills and make some money, but this is ridiculous.

Last edited:
And every 10 laps we had a Farmers commercia. Good day for Kahne and Farmers.

A little over a month from Bristol. I have to admit, for the first time in my memory, they're advertising for the night race at Bristol. It was a great 55 race streak before it ended.

Back