• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 NASCAR Season Long Thread

Danica drops an f bomb on live tv in the nationwide race. Awesome.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Don't have anything against Danica, but I certainly chuckled when some bonehead throwing a shoe onto the track screwed her entire race.

Bowyers crew now dropping a f bomb on air. Way to go ESPN. Thats two in two days.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Gotta hate it for all the Hendricks engine issues until 5 time loses at the end. I could see that every week!

Needless to say, last week at Bristol was epic. We had a blast and saw some great racing, along with some impressive crashes and excitement. I cant wait to go back next year. Walking back to the camper from the race, I had a drunk college student trying to pick me up, even with my wife standing there. All because I was wearing a camo shirt.
:cam:

Go 20 seconds in for the big one.

Everybody went nuts while this was going on.

Needless to say, last week at Bristol was epic. We had a blast and saw some great racing, along with some impressive crashes and excitement. I cant wait to go back next year. Walking back to the camper from the race, I had a drunk college student trying to pick me up, even with my wife standing there. All because I was wearing a camo shirt.

What did you tell him?

Huge news yesterday, albeit expected. Kenseth going to JGR to drive the 20 next year, and Logano moving to Penske in the 22. I think its a great move for both. Joey and Brad will be dynamic, young team mates, and the 20 is a stout piece that Matt will inherit.

In my humble opinion, Joey should've taken Gibbs' offer to run a full time N'wide and part time Cup schedule. Joey just isn't ready to compete at the Cup level, and a switch to Penske may not do a ton to help that. On another note, the race Sunday was extremely entertaining in person, but I assume it played like a snore fest on TV.

What else could Joey prove in the Nationwide series besides winning the championship? He's already won 6 races in that series this season. Sadler has really prospered after dropping back down, and like Ron Hornaday and Geoff Bodine in the trucks, I can see him staying there from here on out. Joey has so much more upside, and marketability to sponsors to not be in Cup IMO.

Logano is a good shoe. He will fit in nice with Keselowski (who is BTW, a top 5 driver in the sport).

Speaking of Sadler, he's leaving RCR for some reason, and it doesn't look like it's for a Cup ride. Agree to disagree on Logano. I do think the talent is there. The maturity on the other hand may never come (and yes I know how old he is, but he is still quite whiney, and I know that's coming from a Harvick fan so take it with a grain of salt).

Speaking of Sadler, he's leaving RCR for some reason, and it doesn't look like it's for a Cup ride. Agree to disagree on Logano. I do think the talent is there. The maturity on the other hand may never come (and yes I know how old he is, but he is still quite whiney, and I know that's coming from a Harvick fan so take it with a grain of salt).

I bet Sadler feels squeezed by the Dillon boys.

I'm looking at getting tickets for the Daytona 500. Where should I sit? Frontstretch or backstretch? How high up do I need to be to see?

Definitely wouldn't sit on the backstretch if I were you. The Sprint Tower is the place to be..

'13 will be my 11th straight 500...I absolutely love that weekend.

Definitely wouldn't sit on the backstretch if I were you. The Sprint Tower is the place to be..

'13 will be my 11th straight 500...I absolutely love that weekend.

Why wouldn't you sit on the backstetch? I would think the racing would be good there.

Why wouldn't you sit on the backstetch? I would think the racing would be good there.

If anywhere I'd prefer to sit in between turn 4 and the entrance to pit road. Most of the action has been there in recent years. Coming out of turn 2 at the superstretch has been producing a lot of spins, but not near the action as turn 4.

Back