• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013-2014 basketball season predictions.. with or without buzz

dstanleywfu

Reaction score
I predict if buzz as the coach next year that wake might go .500 for the season at best.. still being a young team at all players can only get so much better in one off season.. and with travis being our best player next year our scoring will probably go down a little bit.. which is bad because we can barely score as is.... if buzz is fired (which 99.9% of wake fans would agree) I would hope, depending on whoever it is that will coach us, that we can be a NIT team.. post season play seems like a foreign concept to me, but im confident that it will happen sooner than later.. Lets just hope buzz is fired.. terrible excuse for a coach

The team won't make the NCAA tournament either way, but I think with [Redacted] we're around 12-14 wins again. I think without him, we can be in the 14-16 area and potentially snag an NIT bid if we have a hot streak in the middle of the year. I don't see us getting hot with [Redacted] ever. Is his longest winning streak here still three?

We will be mediocre at best next year regardless. We have no one we can go to for a big bucket.

if travis improves his shooting i could see him getting a all-acc third team appearance.. he has solid skills if he doesnt make stupid mistakes.

Not to be noncommittal, but it all depends on who the coach is. The coach and system makes all the difference. Ask Antwan Scott. Or Ari Stewart.

ya i think devin will prb be the best player if not the second.. but travis will have the scoring load thrusted on his shoulders.. cmm cant really score that well.. awful at shooting.. madison shows flashes of what could be a good pg.. but our shooting next year is going to be not so good

if travis improves his shooting i could see him getting a all-acc third team appearance.. he has solid skills if he doesnt make stupid mistakes.

Not to be a debbie downer but what about Travis makes you think he will improve his shooting, when his %s have gotten worse every year?

McKie will be tasked with opening up space for Devin. It isn't going to be pretty

The 2nd most important unknown, after who will be the coach, is who will transfer. Wouldn't proffer a guess without knowing that.

The team won't make the NCAA tournament either way, but I think with [Redacted] we're around 12-14 wins again. I think without him, we can be in the 14-16 area and potentially snag an NIT bid if we have a hot streak in the middle of the year. I don't see us getting hot with [Redacted] ever. Is his longest winning streak here still three?

So the difference between [Redacted] and another coach is essentially two wins? Seems like low expectations for the new coach.

Bzz has had to rebuild and find players willing to be coachable. I think if he is giving sufficient time, the wins will come. Remember K's and Dean's starts and what they built when given sufficient time.

So the difference between [Redacted] and another coach is essentially two wins? Seems like low expectations for the new coach.

I think a lot of coaching is recruiting and that the difference in one year between a head coach is not as big as people make it out to be.

I think with Buzz, we're looking at 12-13 wins again. Without him, 14 or 15. It's gonna take more than one year before we start seeing results with the new coach.

Best big this year was a freshman, best point was freshman. So Wake will be better at both positions next year.

Biggest problem this year was outside shooting. Appeared Wake tried to use Chase to help, maybe next year. Only senior and only outside shooter now gone. Somebody gotta step up.

Looks like some improvement. No NCAA though.

I am not predicting anything until we see what Travis does... he was not a happy camper.

Back