• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 Basketball Record: Would you rather???

Would you rather??

• Total voters

RacerDeac

#iwasright #rjlies
Reaction score
I've heard various folks insist that they dislike Bzz as coach but insist they want the team to win as many games as possible because they are a "real" Wake fan. But this season, year 3 of a 5 year contract, Bzz's job and/or an extension is likely on the line. So, how do you want to see it play? Win enough to go to the postseason, all but guaranteeing Bzz an extension? Or stay home and trade Bzz in for a better model? Would you hope Wake loses if it came down to a game or two near the end of the season in order to end the Bzzperiment?

Last edited:
Unless we win something like 25 games and reach the Sweet 16, [Redacted] is not getting an extension after this year.

Baseketball+3.jpg

Basektball?

I want to see postseason play but I don't want him getting an extension after one good season. If that means we have to lose Bz to another school oh well.

Unless we win something like 25 games and reach the Sweet 16, [Redacted] is not getting an extension after this year.

So you're implying there's a scenario where Bzz stays coach but doesn't get an extension? I disagree. I don't see any scenario other than extension or firing at the end of this season.

I don't believe getting into the NIT results in an extension. All it would do is keep him from getting fired.

If this was going into Year 5 he might get an extension, but not into Year 4.

I don't like any of those options.

I will never cheer for Wake to lose a game. Thankfully, with [Redacted] as coach, I don't have to. It already happens naturally.

I want us to win, regardless of what happens to Bz.

If I had even the slightest belief or evidence from the past that Bzz was capable of anything higher than mediocrity, I might be able to buy into that. As is, in year 3, I've got to root against Bzz. The sooner he leaves, the sooner we can get back to being good again. The longer he stays, the less we expect out of the program, the less attractive our program is to other coaches, and the longer we'll be mired in mediocrity at best. I don't actively cheer against our team, but I do cheer against Bzz. It's a tricky place to be. If it makes me a bad Wake fan, so be it.

I really hate the idea of a Wake fan rooting for us to miss the postseason. I understand [Redacted] hatred, but if we make the NIT this year, that would at least indicate some level of competency that is unquestionably positive for the long term health of the program.

The real question is if we start to root against Wake if (when?) an NIT bid appears unattainable.

I really hate the idea of a Wake fan rooting for us to miss the postseason. I understand [Redacted] hatred, but if we make the NIT this year, that would at least indicate some level of competency that is unquestionably positive for the long term health of the program.

Unquestionably positive even if it results in Bzz getting extended, lowered expectations, loss of most of our fanbase and 10+ year spell of mediocrity without any end in sight?

can't he win enough, that someone else falls for his snake oil and takes a chance on him.. Win -Win.

I've heard various folks insist that they dislike Bzz as coach but insist they want the team to win as many games as possible because they are a "real" Wake fan. But this season, year 3 of a 5 year contract, Bzz's job and/or an extension is likely on the line. So, how do you want to see it play? Win enough to go to the postseason, all but guaranteeing Bzz an extension? Or stay home and trade Bzz in for a better model? Would you hope Wake loses if it came down to a game or two near the end of the season in order to end the Bzzperiment?

Your poll represents a series of false choices, my friend.

I want our team to win because I'm a Wake Forest fan. I'm never going to cheer against our team, no matter who the head coach is. I don't want them to win ~18 because a post-season berth with guarantee a [Redacted] extension; I want them to win because I like seeing the good guys win. CJ and Travis deserve to win some games.

I really despise Jeff [Redacted] and I hope that he gets fired, regardless, but I'm never going to root against Wake.

i'm really struggling with this. i agree with racer that bzz is not going to suddenly turn a corner and find success in college coaching so the sooner he goes the better. i guess i am sitting the fence and having difficulty rooting for those kids to go through more seasons as awful as we have just seen. they are only guilty of buying in to the idea of turning wake around. also, it kills me that harris and mckie have been screwed by ron.

I love watching Wake win basketball games, regardless of the buffoon on the bench. So, I will be rooting for us to win each and every game we play. But, deep in my mind, there will be the knowledge that a bad season will probably be best for Wake Forest in the long term so I guess.

And, RJ, it's got to be either an extension or termination. You can't recruit with two years left on your contract.

I hope our freshmen/players are good, they made a commitment to Wake and despite Bz I will cheer for them passionately. I want Bz gone but I will never root for the players to fail.

I love watching Wake win basketball games, regardless of the buffoon on the bench. So, I will be rooting for us to win each and every game we play. But, deep in my mind, there will be the knowledge that a bad season will probably be best for Wake Forest in the long term so I guess.

And, RJ, it's got to be either an extension or termination. You can't recruit with two years left on your contract.

Yes you can. Tons of coaches do.

Two years left is an eternity .

Back