• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 Basketball Record: Would you rather???

Would you rather??

• Total voters
Unless if I am remembering incorrectly, everything that I heard is that Coach Battle was approached with the head coaching job and he turned it down before it went to Coach Gaudio.

Your basic recollection is correct. However, in the interest of total accuracy, Coach B removed himself from consideration prior to any offer being made due to his wife's illness. While he was never actually offered the job, it is widely believed that he would have been the first choice and Dino would have remained his Assistant Head Coach ... positions they were both much better suited for than the reverse. While Coach B absolutely made the right decision, the program would have been so much better off then and now if he had been available for the HC position.

Throw $3M at Shaka.

So you've bumped up from the 2.7 for a decent amount of years that was in your last offer.

Nothing's changed very much from here. He's still very young. His child is still very young. The AD that hired him got the promotion to somewhere in the Big 10, I think it was Minnesota. He probably got to vett the new AD. He's bumping up to a better conference in the A-10. He has no football to contend with.

He's on top of his world. Hell, he might be content to sit here and wait for kazooski to retire.

Last edited:
I am not going to root for us to win less games even if it gets rid of Bzz. Just can't do it. That said, I don't think Bz gets an extension winning 18 games but who knows.

I won't root against Wake.... but I probably won't be too sad when we lose games under this clown either.

I am not going to root for us to win less games even if it gets rid of Bzz. Just can't do it. That said, I don't think Bz gets an extension winning 18 games but who knows.

This. Never, ever pull against WF winning. 18 games is more about starting to show we're getting back on track than anything [Redacted] can accomplish. Many a coach has been fired after winning more than 18 games.

Back