• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 Basketball Record: Would you rather???

Would you rather??

• Total voters
Unless if I am remembering incorrectly, everything that I heard is that Coach Battle was approached with the head coaching job and he turned it down before it went to Coach Gaudio.

Actually now that you mention it I think you're right - I remember that as well. I still don't like the idea of promoting Battle though, whether Dino being promoted over him was his idea or Wellman's. He had a window and missed it, the [Redacted] debacle should seal it shut.

Actually now that you mention it I think you're right - I remember that as well. I still don't like the idea of promoting Battle though, whether Dino being promoted over him was his idea or Wellman's. He had a window and missed it, the [Redacted] debacle should seal it shut.

Honest to God, I have always thought that Wellman wanted to hire Bz after Skip died (Bz had just gone something like 25-9 at Air Force) but couldn't b/c of the timing (and maybe Bz had been hired by Colorado by the time that Skip died). Once Wellman decided to fire Dino he just decided to go ahead and hire the guy that he wanted originally without giving a shit about what he had done at Colorado.

That's my theory about how we wound up in this shitshow.

Honest to God, I have always thought that Wellman wanted to hire Bz after Skip died (Bz had just gone something like 25-9 at Air Force) but couldn't b/c of the timing (and maybe Bz had been hired by Colorado by the time that Skip died). Once Wellman decided to fire Dino he just decided to go ahead and hire the guy that he wanted originally without giving a shit about what he had done at Colorado.

That's my theory about how we wound up in this shitshow.

I think there's something to that especially if you believe Wellman and Bz have been friends for a long time. Bz probably thought he had a shot at an NBA head job when Odom was let go (and he was right) so he wasn't available for Wellman.

Loved Skip but if WEllman had hired Beilein we would be sitting pretty right now. New coach will have to be
allowed to recruit top 50 players even if they are only here for a couple of years.

[Redacted] does seem to be allowed to recruit top 50 players, he just isn't good at it.

Hell, the sentiment within the program seems to be that CMM will not be at Wake for four years.

[Redacted] does seem to be allowed to recruit top 50 players, he just isn't good at it.

Hell, the sentiment within the program seems to be that CMM will not be at Wake for four years.

Why, is Bz going to introduce a recruit as our "point guard of the future" in front of CMM?

Not paying that much attention but is Cmm a pg? Is he losing minutes to Madison? What position is he going to play in the Nba?

The program is delusional.

Bz will remain no matter what happens this year. We could go 0-26, it doesn't matter.

Bz will finish out his contract unless Wellman is replaced before he is.

It would take a wide-scale pullout by major donors to alter this.

Bz will remain no matter what happens this year. We could go 0-26, it doesn't matter.

Bz will finish out his contract unless Wellman is replaced before he is.

It would take a wide-scale pullout by major donors to alter this.

Fuck that. At least 15 wins is believable as the low bar. No threshold? He must have pictures of Wellman.

Wellman has too much ego to stick with Buzz if it makes he and his legacy look bad. If we suck again, Buzz will resign/retire/whatever and allow Wellman to somewhat save face.

Wellman was 100% behind Gaudio until he wasn't.

Yeah, the whole "Buzz gets year four regardless" stuff is getting a bit tiresome. If we have a single digit number of wins (unlikely but not impossible) [Redacted] is gone. Really, unless we have a bunch of injuries, I see pretty much no way [Redacted] gets a year 4 without an improved record. It's that 14-16 win interval that I am not sure sure about (and, not coincidentally, it's where we're most likely to land imo).

Agree. We need a new coach who brings in his own staff. New blood to breathe life into the program!

That should have been a warning sign.. What coach would take a job and not even bring in one of his guys? Buzz is such a loser, I doubt he had anyone that would have followed him even if they could.

So true...

Back