• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 FB Schedule

Probably not. With so many bowls, 6-6 teams with two FCS wins probably still get into bowl games.

Wake won't play both ODU or Presby though, we'll find a low-end FBS team to play. The question is whether or not we're going to have to play a return road game.

LA-Monroe is rumored to be coming to Winston in 2013. It was posted on another thread but I think people thought it was a joke.

LA-Monroe is rumored to be coming to Winston in 2013. It was posted on another thread but I think people thought it was a joke.

I've heard La-Monroe as well. There are some other teams that were floated too that were about that level.

Monroe makes sense. They're going to want a return trip.

We should pursue Texas State, they don't have 12 games scheduled yet, but they can still schedule an FCS if they want to.

Monroe would have beaten us this year handily.

Monroe would kill us. Let's get Texas St.

I am almost positive you aren't allowed to count 2 FCS games toward bowl eligibility. I remember it being discussed when FSU did it a couple of years back. If Wellman shits the bed on this he is even more incompetent than I originally thought.

The snag for every team we've talked to if I recall Wellman's comments a month or two back, is that they all want return trips or to play at home. Wake is going to play at home no matter what it takes. I think at this point it's unrealistic that the only way we can get a home game will be to play ODU and I don't think we should do that at all.

I bet it's either Monroe, someone like San Jose State, or someone like Western Kentucky.

La-Monroe would be a bad pickup. We wouldn't get much credit for beating them and we'd very likely lose, especially later in the season and they'd want a return game. They hosted Baylor this year.

If our fans balk at going to Shreveport for a bowl, I doubt there will be much interest in going to Monroe.

A home-home aganst La-Monroe may literally be a lose-lose proposition.

Question for local fans. Would you rather have a 5 game schedule this year with the promise of a home game against a high-level SEC or Big Ten opponent in 2014 or 2015 or La-Monroe this year?

Last edited:
I am almost positive you aren't allowed to count 2 FCS games toward bowl eligibility. I remember it being discussed when FSU did it a couple of years back. If Wellman shits the bed on this he is even more incompetent than I originally thought.

IIRC 6-6 teams with two FCS wins are ahead of teams that go 5-7 with only one FCS win, but behind all 6-6 teams with only one FCS win. Therefore if we're going to be on the cusp there's not really a huge deterrent to playing an FCS if we can't land a really really bad FBS team.

If our fans balk at going to Shreveport for a bowl, I doubt there will be much interest in going to Monroe.
Monroe is waaaay worse than Shreveport. If you're balking at going to Shreveport, you'd be crazy as hell to go to Monroe.

That said, their football team would beat us. No doubt.

Eight teams need one non-conference game in 2013: Duke, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Marshall, Tulane, BYU, Missouri, and Texas State.

We've got open dates on 10/19 and 11/30 and we'll play you 2 for 1. Nearly all of your 53 fans live in Charlotte, so they'd probably appreciate you playing two games here.

Let's get Texas St. at home with a return trip later on. We play a game in a good recruiting ground. Bring Marshall or Tulane to Winston. Tulane backed out of a series with us already.

We've got open dates on 10/19 and 11/30 and we'll play you 2 for 1. Nearly all of your 53 fans live in Charlotte, so they'd probably appreciate you playing two games here.

Yeah, our guys are finished with high school and therefore don't want to play against High School teams.

I don't see why we wouldn't play Tulane. I think they still owe us a game from like 1995 for going to the Superdome. There was some story about that a year ago I seem to recall. Just redeem that shit now. They're already playing two games at home in the non-con and playing at Syracuse.

Back