• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 FB Schedule

Let's get Texas St. at home with a return trip later on. We play a game in a good recruiting ground. Bring Marshall or Tulane to Winston. Tulane backed out of a series with us already.

Grobe would probably like a game against Marshall, isn't he from the Huntington area?

Tulane still owes us a return trip to Winston from the mid 90's I think. Didn't them backing out get us in this mess?

No Rice backed out which got us into the mess. We didn't really care at the time (and probably let them switch more easily) because we thought that there were going to be 9 ACC games which meant that we were overcommitted anyways.

Furthermore, we're already scheduled to play Tulane twice in the next like six years. Why not just add a game to that series? There's obviously something going on behind the scenes here because this would appear to be a blatantly obvious choice.

No Rice backed out which got us into the mess. We didn't really care at the time (and probably let them switch more easily) because we thought that there were going to be 9 ACC games which meant that we were overcommitted anyways.

Yeah, I forgot about Rice. What year was it we were scheduled to play Tulane here and they backed out?

Actually we're already schedule to play Tulane three times (two home games in 2016 and 2020, and then once on the road in 2018). This is probably why Tulane wouldn't want to play at Winston right now as it would make three trips to play us on the road in 8 years.

I don't remember when Tulane pushed it back, I think they've done it a few times though.

Actually we're already schedule to play Tulane three times (two home games in 2016 and 2020, and then once on the road in 2018). This is probably why Tulane wouldn't want to play at Winston right now as it would make three trips to play us on the road in 8 years.

I don't remember when Tulane pushed it back, I think they've done it a few times though.

Yeah, didn't play there in the SuperDome and Kuclick(?) broke his arm and was out for the season?

Yeah, our guys are finished with high school and therefore don't want to play against High School teams.

Hey big mouth! We'll be FBS-CUSA in 2015 and you'll think you can still beat us and think that it's a good idea to play us because we're some sort of low level pond scum but you're going to regret ever thinking that when that day comes, which will be soon.

Hey big mouth! We'll be FBS-CUSA in 2015 and you'll think you can still beat us and think that it's a good idea to play us because we're some sort of low level pond scum but you're going to regret ever thinking that when that day comes, which will be soon.

I can't tell whether this is brilliant stream-of-consciousness prose (in a similar vein to Joyce, Proust, and Woolf) or the run-on replete syntax of a third-grader.

Do NOT underestimate ODU

I'm not underestimating or bashing ODU at all. I'm saying two FCS teams does nothing for us as a team which struggles to get to 6 wins. It is actually almost harmful as it gives us one less chance to get that 6th win.

C-USA will probably be FCS by then, so you've got that going for you.

UNCC will build its program much like ECU in that they will recruit athletes that would have no chance of qualifying at Wake, i.e. a lot of JUCO's, transfers, Hargrave 5th year seniors and guys who have little interest in a comprehensive 4 year degree program that Wake or other high-academic schools offer. There may come day when UNCC will field a better team than Wake, but I think it will be b/c Wake decided not to compromise its values and mission to achieve success on the football field, but also b/c it failed to recruit the type student/athlete that Stanford, Northwestern, Vandy, etc. seem to be getting these days. Best of luck to the 49'ers, but I don't expect what goes on over there to have much impact on the universe Wake has chosen to operate in.

The 2016 game will close the H&H from 1995.

If they need a game and we do to, it seems crazy not to move that game up. They must be looking for a home game too.

Don't like going there breaking in a new qb oh well.

Should be a close game at least. I like this better than scheduling another I-AA team.

Back