• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 MLB Predictions Contest - Nonny wins!

My bad y'all. Turns out a summer when you move into a new house AND get married is not the best summer to run a contest.

I'll get these tabulated this weekend.

So I've finished scoring the standings predictions, and the clubhouse leader is....

1834, with 24 points on the strength of the 4 bonus points predicting the NL East in perfect order (the only person to get a whole division correct).

Top 5 so far:

1834: 24
YoungBuck95: 23
GusGasms: 21
jk1492: 19
PhilliesDeacs: 19

Questions where the whole contest went 0'fer...

AL MVP - Miguel Cabrera (nobody picked him to repeat!)
AL Cy Young - Max Scherzer
NL Rookie of the Year - Jose Fernandez (avalon didn't know she loved him yet)
HR Leader - Crush Davis
SB Leader - Jacoby Ellsbury

AL Champ - Boston
NL Champ - St. Louis
World Series Champ - Boston

Baseball is a funny game

Good job to Apetit and Nonny, who both got 4 of the End-of-Season predictions correct:

Both got:

ERA Leader - Kershaw
AL ROY - Myers
Saves Leader - Kimbrel

Apetit correctly guess Yu Darvish would be the Strikeouts leader, and Nonny correctly guessed Kershaw would win the NL Cy Young

Also good job to york1313 and GusGasms, who both nailed two wins predictions (both guessed Detroit with 93 wins, GusGasms also got Tampa Bay at 92, and york1313 got Cincinnati at 90)

So y'all aren't going to believe this, but...

We have a THREE WAY TIE.

IAppreciateIt
AnonymousDeac
DeacsATS

All with 53 points.

So since I neglected to put a tiebreaker question in the contest, we're going to use free agent contracts.

Please predict the average annual value of Brian McCann's free agent contract plus the average annual value of Tim Hudson's free agent contract. Closest one wins.

Here is the link to the spreadsheet and my scoring if anybody wants to check my math:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aisxj65BCoTSdHpYY0xNSG5PQW83YWNoMkdCczBKTmc&usp=sharing

Good job all!

Everyone respond?

Reports now showing Hudson will sign for 2 year, $23M.

Unfortunately, I did not get responses from Apetit or ATS before Hudson signed.

So eliminate the Hudson part of the equation. PM me your prediction for Brian McCann's average annual value in the FA contract he will sign.

If I don't get answers from them before McCann signs, then Nonny will be the winner.

Back