• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAppreciateIt

no bunting allowed
Reaction score
We should have an FA contest for poes rep

Last edited:
Not sure if reliable but:

NBA Legion NBA Legion ‏@MySportsLegion

Clippers & Celtics trade is "very close" to being completed. Caron Butler, Jason Terry and/or Courtney Lee likely to be involved. (LA Times)

Mike Gambardella Mike Gambardella ‏@BIG3Sports

As of now #Celtics set to trade HC Doc Rivers, Kevin Garnett & Courtney Lee or Jason Terry to the #Clippers for DeAndre Jordan & 1st Rnder.

Woj is saying the same thing, so this will probably go down close to the way that is described. Pierce will likely be bought out and unless a team with cap space picks him up off waivers for his full 15 million next year he will be off to the Clippers as well.

When's the last time a coach was included in a trade?

Apparently the Rockets are going to offer Asik and Lin for Da'wight? Seems kinda unnecessary if they could just sign him, right? Also makes no sense to me that the Lakers would turn down Blake for Da'wight straight up. Him and Pau would be a pretty monte combo.

Apparently the Rockets are going to offer Asik and Lin for Da'wight? Seems kinda unnecessary if they could just sign him, right? Also makes no sense to me that the Lakers would turn down Blake for Da'wight straight up. Him and Pau would be a pretty monte combo.

That way they can offer an extra year?

Can't offer the extra year max in sign-and-trades anymore. Only place Da-wight makes 5/100 is with the Lakers. But, maybe they don't want Lin anymore and Asik and Da-wight are redundant so they'd prefer to have them off the books to make a run at other FAs.

Can't offer the extra year max in sign-and-trades anymore. Only place Da-wight makes 5/100 is with the Lakers. But, maybe they don't want Lin anymore and Asik and Da-wight is redundant so they'd prefer to have them off the books to make a run at other FAs.

I guess I was assuming that Da-wight would take less to leave LA and they could flip Asik somewhere else for some value.

As a Celts fan, I'm alright with this deal, though I was hoping we could get Bledsoe (he would at the least be a good trade chip). The Celtics have to rebuild anyways.

I guess I was assuming that Da-wight would take less to leave LA and they could flip Asik somewhere else for some value.

That would make sense too. Either way Da-wight would be getting 4/80 from the Rockets... so any perceived benefit of a s&t would have to be on the Rockets side. Who knows what Morey is planning, it is probably the first in 4 to 5 other moves.

Marc Stein saying the current hang up: Celts want to unload both Lee and Terry, Clips only willing to take one of them. Remember the Celts excitement over the Courtney Lee steal pick-up less than 12 months ago?

I actually think Lee would play a lot on the Clips... they really need 2 guard help.

Marc Stein saying the current hang up: Celts want to unload both Lee and Terry, Clips only willing to take one of them. Remember the Celts excitement over the Courtney Lee steal pick-up less than 12 months ago?

You mean the "elite perimeter player" and "one of the best two-way guards in the league" Courtney Lee?

I actually think Lee would play a lot on the Clips... they really need 2 guard help.

What about Lee and Bass?

I haven't heard Bass ever mentioned in any of these rumors. He makes slightly more than Lee and Terry, Lee has one more year than Terry and Bass, but it doesn't seem like they really are itching to get Bass of the books unlike those 2 guards.

dawight and Asik are redundant, I imagine HOU wants the capspace.

Yea you really can't have Dwight AND Asik on the floor at the same time, and you don't want to pay Asik $8m to go back to his Chicago Bulls role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back