• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lakers/Clippers trade makes sense for both teams.

I actually think Lee would play a lot on the Clips... they really need 2 guard help.

I'd rather have Lee than Terry because Terry can't guard me at this point in his career, but reports are Doc wants to keep Bledsoe to play Bledsoe in the similar role to Avery Bradley, and start him next to CP3, which has every clippers fan rejoicing.

man, the celts are going to SUCK next year if this trade goes down. i understand that maybe its part of rebuilding but they are going to be really really bad.

Rondo
Avery
Green
Bass/Sullinger/Melo
DJ

yuck

I'd rather have Lee than Terry because Terry can't guard me at this point in his career, but reports are Doc wants to keep Bledsoe to play Bledsoe in the similar role to Avery Bradley, and start him next to CP3, which has every clippers fan rejoicing.

yeah man. this lineup would be SICK:

CP3
Bledsoe
Pierce
Griffin
KG

with Lee and Crawford off the bench

need some front court depth but otherwise that's a contender

Well the shitty part is if you get Pierce, you have to use the Midlevel exception to get him, that means they are going to not be able to resign Barnes, unless Pierce agrees to play for nothing.

yeah man. this lineup would be SICK:

CP3
Bledsoe
Pierce
Griffin
KG

with Lee and Crawford off the bench

need some front court depth but otherwise that's a contender

No team with Jamal Crawford is ever a legitimate contender. Dump him, and you have a shot.

Wasn't Crawford OK this year in LA?

Can we all just hang out on this thread through the rest of the Finals?

Wasn't Crawford OK this year in LA?

Can we all just hang out on this thread through the rest of the Finals?

That is the deception of Jamal Crawford. In spurts he looks great, but then when least expected he will hijack your offense and destroy all hope of winning anything.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@_WojYahooNBA 28m
Doc Rivers has agreed to become the head coach of the Los Angeles Clippers, source tells Y! The deal is for five years and $40 million.

Other breaking news:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@_WojYahooNBA 51m
The deal would send Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Chris Bosh to the Lakers and Blake Griffin to the Heat, per multiple sources.

I don't think the trade goes down.

Clippers have to take Terry or Lee, meaning they would be over the tax line ($67 million between blake, jamal, bledsoe, CP3, Lee, Garnett, Butler). Then they won't have a mid-level exception with which to sign Pierce once over the tax line.

They'd have to give up Caron Butler too to make that work, although if they give up Caron, then they won't be able to trade Bledsoe for what they want (someone who makes more than $2 million dollars), cause they wouldn't have any salary filler to add to the trade. Although I suppose they could package Bledsoe with Jamal Crawford.

Last edited:
Well now that there is 100% no way the Celtics want Doc to return next year, they don't have that much leverage if they want to get anything out of allowing him to talk to other teams. There are still a few openings left, but I doubt any team is going to offer anything much better than the Clips.

Although trading DJ and acquiring KG/PP allows the Clips to straight up resign Bledsoe and only eat 1 year of big tax until KG/PP are off the books.

Chris Paul ‏@CP3 57s
Trying to get in touch with @cameronkentwxii and @WXII have something I would like to tell you guys but can't get through...

like a bawse

9aa12b08cfc311e29fd422000a1fbad8_7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back