• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
buckets is usually a straight up poster, even when he's wrong. don't think he's trying to be a dick.

in this case, he's right about the lakers not being good next year.

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen 3m
Something else to consider: If Hou was frontrunner all along he could well keep it there. Is unlikely to change direction quickly this time.

This a good point. Howard can't "eliminate" HOU as a frontrunner since he needs to use them as leverage to make LA do the sign and trade.

So what are the chances Dwight stalls to wait and see if the Warriors can clear more cap space to make room for him?

Every team should just start making rando trades to free up cap space and/or add a few of the dudes on Dwight's "buddy" list cuz dat brah probably has no clue what he wants to do at this point:

@daldridgetnt: Source says Howard's top two, after trade, are--in no order of preference--Golden State and Houston. Lakers not eliminated, but now behind.

Just trade him to GSW, Mitch. Take back Barnes and one year of Bogut. Clear the deck for 2014.

An aging Nash + klay + attest + gasol + bogut + cheap shooters + Kobe at 80% I January is a solid 6 -8 seed playoff team in the west IMO

buckets IRL and online is a good dude.

I do think Mike D having a full offseason will help as opposed to bringing him in without a training camp to replace the Princeton offense.

I think the lakers will be very good next year w bogut and klay. Gel that team and get Kobe back in January. Pretty sweet assuming bogut can stay healthyish. Dude can't straighten his arm after that Milwaukee horrific injury

No offense dude, but [Redacted]. Wasn't your prediction there 100 wins in 5 years? Good news is that it's mathematically possible..he could get there with as few as 27 wins next season...

Think I have to disagree w online at least on dealings w him over the last several weeks which is the extent if my online memory. Unnecessarily combative. Too many absolutes on opinions.

An aging Nash + klay + attest + gasol + bogut + cheap shooters + Kobe at 80% I January is a solid 6 -8 seed playoff team in the west IMO

How is this much different than last year except you have a downgrade at every position from last year due to age or injury but adding Klay?

The complete absence of any historical precedent for an NBA player successfully recovering from an Achilles injury -- much less someone at Kobe's age, playing style, and past usage rate -- is the biggest reason why I'm down on the Lakers in 13-14. There is literally no basis upon which we can reasonably expect Kobe to be anything like he was pre-injury. Not saying it's impossible, obviously, but it's 100% hope at this point.

Also, when can everyone admit that Cuban isn't a very good FO executive?

Nash should play more than 12 games and gasol could be traded if I he can't figure out fantoni's system. They are a proud franchise and they played very well the last 6-8 weeks of the season until yet lost Kobe (whom they over worked to get tere). And klay is just what they need plus I like that bogut doesn't need 20 shots to feel wanted

No offense dude, but [Redacted]. Wasn't your prediction there 100 wins in 5 years? Good news is that it's mathematically possible..he could get there with as few as 27 wins next season...

Okay. But I'm not using absolutes now or then. I think stuff. I post that I think stuff. Some of it proves to be off

My favorite tweet of all:

@sportspickle: Rockets lose Dwight Howard sweepstakes, sign Dwight Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back