• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 Pit Fantasy Baseball League (Year III)

What is this about money? Did we agree that this was a money league this year?

LOLOL at Nonny picking up Maurer. He is no Felix, so good luck trying to dangle him in front of my nose.

Check a couple pages back. Everyone agreed on $20. Are you okay with that?

Deac2010 is the only other one I haven't received money from.

I think it's a bad idea in a keeper league, but I'd be in. Where's my money from the first season?:p

I think it's a bad idea in a keeper league, but I'd be in. Where's my money from the first season?:p
What are the reasons? I think it's fine as long as we stick with about the same amount going forward.

And when you get your money, let me know because I'll take mine from last year.

What are the reasons? I think it's fine as long as we stick with about the same amount going forward.

And when you get your money, let me know because I'll take mine from last year.

because things are inequal at the beginning of the year(you got 2 2nd round picks), and at the end of each season, bad teams can really affect the results by trading their good players for prospects. this can be prevented to some degree in single year leagues as trades can be vetoed but that shouldn't happen in a keeper league

If you don't want to pay then I'm sure somebody here can find somebody to take over control of your team for the 20 dollars. You should not feel any obligation to paying if you don't want to, however, the majority of people wanted to pay in a little to make it a bit more interesting, so that is why that happened.

Not me, but again, I also wouldn't take one day of great production as some sort of validation on where you drafted a guy. At least wait until July before you hurt your elbow and shoulder from patting yourself on the back so hard.

I thought the Middlebrooks's pick was one of default due to "system error" during our draft. ; ) I had him last year and he seems to go in spurts. If he was on my team - i probably would have had him on the bench today... Glad i had Boggs in the line-up. 187.67 ERA. Bravo!

I thought the Middlebrooks's pick was one of default due to "system error" during our draft. ; ) I had him last year and he seems to go in spurts. If he was on my team - i probably would have had him on the bench today... Glad i had Boggs in the line-up. 187.67 ERA. Bravo!
Believe I was between him and Moustakas, needing a 3B and looking for youth in a keeper.

And of course Phan, but it's always fun when your guy jacks 3 HRs.

Way it's going for me this week - I'll be lucky to get 3 long balls from my entire team.

I'm in the market for a RP. Willing to entertain all reasonable offers.

Did anyone else get a hilariously bad trade offer from Nonny yesterday, or was that just me?

Heck, I'm dying to trade or talk trades - spice things up a bit. Not sure if I want hilarious offers, but willing to listen...

Anybody want King Felix?

Well, you can't have him, so fuck off.

Did anyone else get a hilariously bad trade offer from Nonny yesterday, or was that just me?
Don't think it was ridiculous, definitely not "hilariously bad."

You get Josh Donaldson, John Buck and Kevin Slowey.

Donaldson: Currently 8th best 3B, will be first full year in bigs and has last round keeper cost for future years.
Kevin Slowey: Currently Top 25 SP, 1.81 ERA, K% highest of his career
John Buck: Currently 3rd best C, 10HR (only behind JUpton), 29 RBIs

Your current C is Jonathan Lucroy (17th rated C) and 3B is Nolan Arenado (32nd rated 3B) or Michael Young (UTIL, but 23rd rated 3B).

I get Angel Pagan, Josh Johnson and Chris Sale.
Angel Pagan: replacement level OF
Josh Johnson: Highest ERA of his career in 2012, twice as high in his early 2013 struggles. On the DL already with a triceps injury.
Chris Sale: Solid pitcher with some early struggles.

May not be a trade you are interested in completing but far from "hilariously bad."

Back